This is what I got back from Support. I haven't had time yet to give it a try.
Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support. My name is Ton and I have been assigned to your case.
I understand that you are having issues with the product. Let me go ahead and help you.
Your Roxio Creator NXT 6 installation might be corrupted. Please follow the steps below to completely remove NXT 6 and re-install it.
Please uninstall Creator NXT 6, and any other Roxio software that is currently on your computer. After uninstalling, reboot your computer, and then configure Windows to show hidden files and folders. If you need instructions on how to do this, please refer to this link: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
(Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8.x, 10, or Vista)
Once you have hidden files and folders showing, please proceed with these steps:
1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\";
2. Locate any or all of these folders:
- “Roxio Log Files”;
- “Simple Star”;
3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old";
4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way;
5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:
- PX Storage Engine;
- Roxio Shared;
- Sonic Shared.
6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:
7. Reboot your computer and reinstall Creator NXT 6.
*Note: If you do not find some of the folders listed above, this is okay, as long as you searched in the correct locations; this means that those folders have already been removed by the uninstall process. The procedures above is just to make sure that there are no leftover files/folders so you can perform a "clean" install of the software.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
Corel Customer Support Services