SCREEN LOCKS UP AND GOES BLACK EVERY TIME I TRY TO SAVE A PROJECT OR BURN A DISC. I GET THE SAME ANSWER AND NOTHING HELPS, I SENT IN THE CRASH REPORT AND I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DIAGNOSE THE CRASH FILE. THERE HAS TO BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE THAT ROXIO IS NOT ADDRESSING, I GET THE SAME SUGGESTION A DOZEN TIMES BUT FOR SOME REASON ROXIO DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE OR HAVE THE SKILLS TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
George Bautista (Corel)
Nov 22, 10:53 EST
Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.
My name is George and I have been assigned to your ticket.
I completely understand that you are having problems with our program.
I'm very sorry for the issue you are encountering right now.
Please uninstall Easy CD and DVD Burning, and any other Roxio software that is currently on your computer. After uninstalling, reboot your computer, and then configure Windows to show hidden files and folders. If you need instructions on how to do this, please follow the instruction below:
Here's how to display hidden files and folders.
1. Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
2. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
3. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
Once you have hidden files and folders showing, please proceed with these steps:
1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\";
2. Locate any or all of these folders:
- “Roxio Log Files”;
- “Simple Star”;
3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old";
4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way;
5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:
- PX Storage Engine;
- Roxio Shared;
- Sonic Shared.
6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:
8. Reboot your computer and reinstall Easy CD and DVD Burning.
*Note: If you do not find some of the folders listed above, this is okay, as long as you searched in the correct locations; this means that those folders have already been removed by the uninstall process. The procedures above is just to make sure that there are no left over files/folders so you can perform a "clean" install of the software.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
Corel Technical Support Services