Thanks Tsantee. I do have v 6.1.2, I looked at the About version, not the file version.
I agree, once installed it should never have to be done again. However, I think the problem is that a file(s) is being updated on the fly and it gets to a point where it all locks-up. My testing suggests not more than about 4 times. Unfortunately, trashing cdspindoctor.plist didn't work. However, you did point me to where these other files are.
I already had a view that there were other files in play besides the application, but I didn't know where to look for them. The main reason was because deleting the application and re-installing it didn't always work. One problem I've found with Mac (compared to Microsoft) is that there is no Uninstall to remove all files associated with the application.
You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent on this, but, at long last, I've found a solution. Do a complete delete of all elements (not all may be present) and do a complete re-install as if it was for the first time. It may seem a little extreme but without knowing exactly which file(s) cause this, I'm not going to spend any more hours on it.
1. Delete all reference to CDSDD, CD Spin Doctor, Roxio and Toast from the following directories within User/Library/:
Preferences (this has a number of items, for example CDSDD.plist & com.roxio.******)
2. Delete System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext.
3. Delete Applications/Toast 10 Titanium.
4. Restart computer.
5. Empty Trash to ensure nothing is available.
6. Install Toast and enter it to complete the installation. Need to enter the CD KEY #.
7. Restart computer (if don’t do this, will get an error message next step).
8. Enter CD Spin Doctor (will take some time before coming up). May bring up the Install CD Spin Doctor Audio Capture Support process.
Use Start Auto Music Capture (NOT, Start A New Recording, Input Device = CDSD System Audio Capture).