• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 melissa

melissa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:29 AM

:) Morning, my DVDit Pro 6 crashes on launch, at the "loading assets" section - the KB has a fix for it - references a file to download - cant seem to find it anywhere.
If i disable my second burner it launches as the fix indicates but thats a pain - i really want to see if this file is a fix, anyone else no what the KB is talking about or the exact fix from that file?
http://kb.roxio.com/.../DVDit/000001DI

#2 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,099 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:36 AM

View Postmelissa, on Sep 28 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

:) Morning, my DVDit Pro 6 crashes on launch, at the "loading assets" section - the KB has a fix for it - references a file to download - cant seem to find it anywhere.
If i disable my second burner it launches as the fix indicates but thats a pain - i really want to see if this file is a fix, anyone else no what the KB is talking about or the exact fix from that file?
http://kb.roxio.com/.../DVDit/000001DI
I have the same problem....occassionally.  For some reason, this does not happen to me all the time.  After a complete system reinstall, it worked for a month before I again began to get this problem.  
You may try DVDit Forum for help.  They were very helpful in giving me the suggestion to disable the second drve.

I'm curious, what drives you have installed?  I wonder if it's with certain drives only.
If you get a fix that works, please post back as I'd like to know myself.
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#3 melissa

melissa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:40 AM

View PostBeerman, on Sep 28 2006, 08:36 AM, said:

I have the same problem....occassionally.  For some reason, this does not happen to me all the time.  After a complete system reinstall, it worked for a month before I again began to get this problem.  
You may try DVDit Forum for help.  They were very helpful in giving me the suggestion to disable the second drve.

I'm curious, what drives you have installed?  I wonder if it's with certain drives only.
If you get a fix that works, please post back as I'd like to know myself.

Okay thanks I will try that forum. The drive is a Samsung CD-R/RW SW252S. I also reinstalled the software but to no avail - same thing.

#4 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,099 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

View Postmelissa, on Sep 28 2006, 11:40 AM, said:

Okay thanks I will try that forum. The drive is a Samsung CD-R/RW SW252S. I also reinstalled the software but to no avail - same thing.
Now I really wonder....I have the same drive and have the latest firmware and that didn't seem to help.  I wonder if this problem occurs only with this drive????? I don't remember if that was stated when I posted on the forum a very long time ago.  Maybe you can ask them if this only happens to systems with this drive.
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#5 melissa

melissa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:57 AM

View PostBeerman, on Sep 28 2006, 08:45 AM, said:

Now I really wonder....I have the same drive and have the latest firmware and that didn't seem to help.  I wonder if this problem occurs only with this drive????? I don't remember if that was stated when I posted on the forum a very long time ago.  Maybe you can ask them if this only happens to systems with this drive.

Ok intersting i will go swap drives with something else and let you know - i also posted to the other location as you mentioned.

#6 melissa

melissa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

View Postmelissa, on Sep 28 2006, 08:57 AM, said:

Ok intersting i will go swap drives with something else and let you know - i also posted to the other location as you mentioned.

Outstanding! Thanks for thinking outside the box on that one - that was it, i put a hitachi drive in and it works like a champ now.  My hero for the day.  :)

#7 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,099 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:26 AM

View Postmelissa, on Sep 28 2006, 12:19 PM, said:

Outstanding! Thanks for thinking outside the box on that one - that was it, i put a hitachi drive in and it works like a champ now.  My hero for the day.  :)
I'd love to be a hero but I think it may be more likely that my subconscious remembered something of my posts on the DVDit forum.  :huh:   I don't have  a drive to swap but am not in love with my Samsung but for me, disabling the drive when I use DVDit is not a big deal.  However, it would be nice if there was as fix.  I guess drives are so cheap, I could get another one but at least this one's paid for.
Thanks for letting me know the outcome.
Paul
------

#8 Allan J

Allan J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:08 PM

I have the same problem...
I just upgraded my DVDit 5 to DVDit 6 Pro and when I try to launch the program, it gets through loading the assests and gives me some error, and it wont launch!

I just bought this and it does not work.... that is quite unreliable. I am in the middle of a DVD project...

I see these others posts about disabling a CD drive but that is nuts. I am not going to disable hardward to run some software each time I want to use DVDit 6.

I just checked and my CD drive and it is ALSO a Samsung CD-R/RW SW252S!
I disable it, and the software loads. So who is to blame for that? Whoever has
this CDRW drive has to disable it each time to use this new great DVDit Pro 6 software?

Edited by Allan J, 12 December 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#9 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,099 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:22 AM

View PostAllan J, on Dec 12 2006, 11:08 PM, said:

I have the same problem...
I just upgraded my DVDit 5 to DVDit 6 Pro and when I try to launch the program, it gets through loading the assests and gives me some error, and it wont launch!

I just bought this and it does not work.... that is quite unreliable. I am in the middle of a DVD project...

I see these others posts about disabling a CD drive but that is nuts. I am not going to disable hardward to run some software each time I want to use DVDit 6.

I just checked and my CD drive and it is ALSO a Samsung CD-R/RW SW252S!
I disable it, and the software loads. So who is to blame for that? Whoever has
this CDRW drive has to disable it each time to use this new great DVDit Pro 6 software?
It's been stated many times on their help forum and in fact, it appears it's not just Samsung drives.  Other drives cause it to fail as well.  And the only fix I've seen is to disable 1 drive.
But, my Samsung recently died and I got another drive and this does not happen to me now with both drives enabled.  So, I'm back to thinking it's a Samsung problem.
DVDit! 6 Pro HD is out but I don't know if there are any changes for your problem in that release.
Paul
------

#10 SS Scott

SS Scott

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

Power of the people on this one.  We've had an impossible time duplicating this issue internally...likely because it is related to the Samsung drive and we were not using a machine with two drives and one of them being the Samsung.  We'll check into the Samsung and see if we can finally crack this one.

Thanks!

#11 Tvjohn

Tvjohn

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

View PostSS Scott, on Dec 13 2006, 01:01 PM, said:

Power of the people on this one.  We've had an impossible time duplicating this issue internally...likely because it is related to the Samsung drive and we were not using a machine with two drives and one of them being the Samsung.  We'll check into the Samsung and see if we can finally crack this one.

Thanks!
Interesting. When I first installed DVDit6pro back in June, it was very touchy and would freeze with little provocation. I would save every few minutes as not to loose work. I was working with a Pioneer A109 burner. I recently replaced it with a Pioneer 111D and have not seen the tendency to freeze. With the A109, it seemed that if you were in the early stages of authoring, the crashes would occur easily, but the further you progressed, the more stable the program became.
AMD 940, AMD 770MoBo, 4 gigram, Radeon X4850, Audigy2zs, 1TB system, 640g render, 1TB  storage, Pioneer 111D, Sony DVR 840A, LG GGW 20, Antec 900 case.
Avid Liquid 7.2 pro, Boris FX, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express 4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, SonicFire 5.1, DVDitHDpro6.4, DVDlab 1, (2) Canon GL-2 Canon XH-A1, Toshiba A3, Sony BDP-S300

#12 Allan J

Allan J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:18 AM

View PostSS Scott, on Dec 13 2006, 04:01 PM, said:

Thanks!

Apparently it is not JUST the samsung drives. I cannot Launch the application (DVDit 6 Pro)! If I disable the CDRW drive, then DVDit pro will launch... and I can use my DVD burner then. But that is nuts...
The other posts say it is other drives as well...

#13 SS Scott

SS Scott

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

what brands of DVD burner and CD burner do you have?

#14 SML

SML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:21 AM

Hello.
I am having exactly the same problem as is being reported here.
Having just spent money on purchasing DVDIt, it's a little annoying to say the least...
Scott, I see you are very aware of the problem, and I see that you've been able to help a few poor souls:
http://creativecalf....p;postid=855279
So, do you (or ANYONE) have a fix that can enable me to actually run my shiny new bit of software?
Thanks.

#15 ivanatrox

ivanatrox

• Administrators
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

so does disable optical drive work for you?
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !

#16 SML

SML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

View Postivanatrox, on Dec 29 2006, 12:28 PM, said:

so does disable optical drive work for you?

Well, sort of!
In order to get around the activation crash, I needed a modified rxc.
However, I still get a crash on startup unless I disable the Samsung.
Obviously, it's not exactly ideal, but I see many others are having the same issue so I assume someone there is busy looking into it -
I look forward to hearing about the fix...!

#17 ivanatrox

ivanatrox

• Administrators
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

that file is available in the KB aticle now
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !

#18 SML

SML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

View Postivanatrox, on Jan 9 2007, 03:59 PM, said:

that file is available in the KB aticle now

I looked in the KB artice;
yes, there is now a link to a DLL.

I followed the instructions and replaced the existing DLL with this one.
The program still crashes unless my second drive is disabled.

But, I'm not that surprised -
the downloadable DLL seems to be exactly the same as the existing one that I already had installed,
ie. 1.0.64.0 (or, in the File Version of Properties - 1.00.64a).

Is this right?!

#19 rhamel

rhamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Is there a solution for his problem yet?  sad.gif
System specs:
Acer Aspire M5640,  NVIDIA MCP73 Motherboard, Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600,  4Gb RAM
DirectX Version 11, Quicktime 7.6.6, Ati Radeon 5450 Hd 1GB mem,  Catalyst 10.3 drivers
Hitachi 500gb system drive, Hitachi Deckstar 1TB media drive
Realtek High Definition Audio
LG BH10 Super- Multi Blu-ray disc rewriter internal, Hitachi Gh15f cd/dvd rewriter internal.

#20 247electrical

247electrical

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

I had the same problem But till not do not know hoe to act with my DVD devise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users