FrustratedWindowsUser

What Is The Best Vhs Video Capture Device?

Question

I have both the Roxio Video Capture USB (UB315-E Ver3) and the Pinnacle Systems GmbH (710-USB Rev:1.0). Does anyone have any inputs on which one provides the higher quality VHS tape to digital conversion? I’m running Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 in the Windows 8.1 environment for software. Also, rather than using either of these capture devices, are there any recommendations for the highest quality VHS video capture device? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I have both the Roxio Video Capture USB (UB315-E Ver3) and the Pinnacle Systems GmbH (710-USB Rev:1.0). Does anyone have any inputs on which one provides the higher quality VHS tape to digital conversion? I’m running Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 in the Windows 8.1 environment for software. Also, rather than using either of these capture devices, are there any recommendations for the highest quality VHS video capture device? Thanks!

I doubt that anyone can help you on this Corel supported web site -- As you probably know both Roxio and Pinnacle are owned by Corel. The better one is the one that works for you and gives you what you want. You have them so you can try them both and tell us. If you have a digital camcorder that has a pass through ability, you could use that as a capture device also.

It would be against forum rules to recommend something other than the two you have mentioned.

Edited by sknis

Of course, your other 'legal' options (as far as this forum) would be the Roxio Game Capture devices. The only thing to keep in mind there is that they require a component signal (three video lines, red, green, blue) or HDMI signal, and not a composite signal for input (single yellow connector). But if you have a home theater system that will convert your composite signal to one of those, then that would be another option.

The GameCap HD Pro would give you more options down the road as it does HD.

The GameCap Standard would only duplicate what you already have, ALTHOUGH it is Win8 compatible...

But the harsh facts are that VHS tape is about 333 X 480 and nothing is going to make that any better.