#1 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Hi
Can anyone tell me what type of video and audio files does Roxio Cine Player accepts? I mean like WMA, WAV, MPEG, AVI,etc My player is Creator 10. I know it is old, but still works great.

I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

--Must mention I posted this some where else, but it was the wrong place. Sorry about the double posting.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,439 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hi
Can anyone tell me what type of video and audio files does Roxio Cine Player accepts? I mean like WMA, WAV, MPEG, AVI,etc My player is Creator 10. I know it is old, but still works great.

I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

--Must mention I posted this some where else, but it was the wrong place. Sorry about the double posting.

Don't understand what your asking.

Creator NXT and NXT2 have a version of Win DVD instead of Cineplayer

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,210 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

I can't give you a direct answer but the image shows what CinePlayer in Creator 2012 supports. For Creator 2010, open Cineplayer and then go to "Open" and then "Browse Files". In the same location as the image will be the types of files it will accept.

supported.jpg

Oops; someone may have beat me to the punch !

This post is located in Creator 2010 but you say Creator 10. There is a Creator 10 but there are also OEM (teaser, free, limited capability) version of Creator 10 like Creator 10 DE or LE or other.

Which one do you really have? The info above about opening files may answer your question.

Edited by sknis, 07 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Thank you for your responses.

CDANTEEK, may be I didn't explain well enough. I apologize for that. In 2010 there were no Creator NXT or NXT 2. We had Creator 2010. Roxio CinePlayer was the part of Roxio Creator 2010 we used to view our videos or movies.

I wanted to know what files types can be played with this application. Like Windows Media Player will play a video with an MP2G file, I am asking what files will Roxio Cine Play play.

SKniss, the "all supported media files" list you posted is kind of what I am looking for. I will take a look at the suggestion on how to find the supported files for Creator 2010. I am sorry I said Creator 10, when I meant Creator 2010. It is just my habit to call it that.

Like I said, this is an old version, and I use it on my old Windows XP. It won't work on my Windows .8.1 lap top. But it does everything I want to do, so I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. I wish we cold upgrade without having to by a whole new application, but that's OK.

Boy, I am having a real hard time writing ad browsing on this site on my W8.1 computer. The letters shake terribly, and don't go into the post most of the time. I have to click them several times to get them to work.

Thank you.

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,334 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Like I said, this is an old version, and I use it on my old Windows XP. It won't work on my Windows .8.1 lap top. But it does everything I want to do, so I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. I wish we cold upgrade without having to by a whole new application, but that's OK.

Actually, we've found that a number of features have been removed from the NXT versions so many of us consider it isn't an upgrade. Creator 2012 seems to have most features still intact.

Boy, I am having a real hard time writing ad browsing on this site on my W8.1 computer. The letters shake terribly, and don't go into the post most of the time. I have to click them several times to get them to work.

I think that Windows 8.x is going to go down in history on equal ranking with Vista [ugh]. It sure has a lot of problems.

Brendon

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,439 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

CDANTEEK, may be I didn't explain well enough. I apologize for that. In 2010 there were no Creator NXT or NXT 2. We had Creator 2010. Roxio CinePlayer was the part of Roxio Creator 2010 we used to view our videos or movies.

I wanted to know what files types can be played with this application. Like Windows Media Player will play a video with an MP2G file, I am asking what files will Roxio Cine Play play.

Most of us here, old timers, have a free copy of Video Lan (VLC media player) here, http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

It plays almost anything, I would try it. ;)

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Brendon, thanks for your observations. I don't normally swear, but you may have wanted to cover your ears when I first came home with my brand new lap top with Windows 8 in it. And then they give as Windows 8.1 as a pacifier, that made many things even worse. For example, I still can't come back to computer without having to reset my wi fi every time.

Cdanteek, eeek, scary avatar!. Thanks for the link. I actually have VLC in my Windows XP. It was a little older version, and I just went and updated it to the same version on the link you sent. But, it doesn't support the file I am trying to work with.

The DVD I am I trying to view uses a JVC file. I made it myself with Roxio Creator 2010. It was a movie I copied from TV, then edited and burned it with Roxio. I didn't notice the file when I did it, other wise I would have changed it before burning. Weird that Cineplayer wont play it now. I can play it using "My DVD", a part of Creator 10, or even on Windows Media Player which doesn't even support the file, but the picture and sound is very crackly.

Does any body know why the topic has been marked "Solved" in a couple of places? I didn't think it was, but can someone also tell me how to mark it closed when I want to end it whether solved or not?

Thanks all for your help.

#8 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,896 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Brendon, thanks for your observations. I don't normally swear, but you may have wanted to cover your ears when I first came home with my brand new lap top with Windows 8 in it. And then they give as Windows 8.1 as a pacifier, that made many things even worse. For example, I still can't come back to computer without having to reset my wi fi every time.

Cdanteek, eeek, scary avatar!. Thanks for the link. I actually have VLC in my Windows XP. It was a little older version, and I just went and updated it to the same version on the link you sent. But, it doesn't support the file I am trying to work with.

The DVD I am I trying to view uses a JVC file. I made it myself with Roxio Creator 2010. It was a movie I copied from TV, then edited and burned it with Roxio. I didn't notice the file when I did it, other wise I would have changed it before burning. Weird that Cineplayer wont play it now. I can play it using "My DVD", a part of Creator 10, or even on Windows Media Player which doesn't even support the file, but the picture and sound is very crackly.

Does any body know why the topic has been marked "Solved" in a couple of places? I didn't think it was, but can someone also tell me how to mark it closed when I want to end it whether solved or not?

Thanks all for your help.

I think that you are referring to a "mov" file when you mention a "JVC" file. Why did you create such a file in C2010? You could try just changing the mod extionsion to mpg and see if the can be played.

That "Solved" button is useless and you should totally ignore it it.

Edited by myguggi, 10 August 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#9 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Thanks myguggi

I have no idea why I got that file. I didn’t even know until now, even when I made it over a year and half ago. I guess I could try to change it. I have a couple of software I could use for it. The easiest thing to do, would be to buy a new DVD from History Chanel, but I tend to be OCD, and don’t like to give up once I start something.

Thanks for the explanation about the “Solved” button.

Thanks

#10 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,896 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Thanks myguggi

I have no idea why I got that file. I didn’t even know until now, even when I made it over a year and half ago. I guess I could try to change it. I have a couple of software I could use for it. The easiest thing to do, would be to buy a new DVD from History Chanel, but I tend to be OCD, and don’t like to give up once I start something.

Thanks for the explanation about the “Solved” button.

Thanks

What is the extension of that file? You do not need any software to change the extension. Windows Explorer can easily do it

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#11 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Muguggi, I didn't know that. I downloaded something called Skysoft Video that you can use to change files, also there is place in Creator that can do it before you save or burn a video. Can you tell me how to do it with Windows Explorer? I have Internet Explorer 11, if that is what you mean.

An Skins sorry, You had actually answered my initial question, and I had not even realized, even after I read your response. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users