Sully57

Video Wave 'extra Pic At End'

Question

hello. Just finished a video (still pics/transitions and background audio track). Problem I am having I've seen before. Not sure what causes it. When I am playing new production back in VW, at the very end, the 'cursor' seems to jump back to an indiscriminate place or photo from the production and show it as the final pic. This happens after the final slide was displayed, along with the final note of the audio. I am not sure what would happen if I burned a DVD at this point, meaning if this problem would be copied over to DVD as well. Or, if I imported to MyDVD for 'authoring', I wonder if the problem would follow suit.

it takes me twice as long to type in this editor, because of all the corrections I need to make. (it's not my typing)

4 answers to this question

hello. Just finished a video (still pics/transitions and background audio track). Problem I am having I've seen before. Not sure what causes it. When I am playing new production back in VW, at the very end, the 'cursor' seems to jump back to an indiscriminate place or photo from the production and show it as the final pic. This happens after the final slide was displayed, along with the final note of the audio. I am not sure what would happen if I burned a DVD at this point, meaning if this problem would be copied over to DVD as well. Or, if I imported to MyDVD for 'authoring', I wonder if the problem would follow suit.

it takes me twice as long to type in this editor, because of all the corrections I need to make. (it's not my typing)

Use myDVD to create a folder set and play that using a software player. This should show you if your final DVD project is Ok. You could also use a RW DVD to test your burn.

I don't know what you mean by "it takes me twice as long to type in this editor, because of all the corrections I need to make." I have no problems

Sounds like IE 11???

Nothing can be done except use a different browser or earlier version of IE :unsure:

Thank you both for the feedback.

Seems the extra pic problem remains there in VW. That is, when I author in MyDVD, and playback my final cut there, the extra pic issue disappears. And the subsequent 'burn' is fine as well. So, not sure what causes this in VW. There, it will display a different photo from the Production, every time. And that pic remains on the screen until I click to do something else.

Yes, am using IE11, so that must be the problem with my typing here. I will give Firefox a try!

Make sure that you clear the proxy files after you have made several changes in the project. Proxy files are designed to have the project open faster for editing. They contain all the changes in the project. Usually they are cleared when the program is shut down but sometimes they don;t. In Video Wave and in Create DVD, go to tools. There is an option to clear the proxy files. Do so.

Proxy files are immediately rebuilt with only what is in the project now.

Edited by sknis