TheQwertyGamerHub

Lost All Projects After Update

Question

I recently installed the most recent software update for the roxio game capture hd pro and cannot seem to find any of my projects. Before the update I couldn't view the projects in windows explorer but could in the roxio file browser however now I cannot find them anywhere using either file browser. I would greatly appreciate if you could remedy this problem asap as I was hoping to stick to my youtube schedule of 1 video a week at least.

Many Thanks

The Qwerty-Gamer Hub

6 answers to this question

I mean all of the .dmsm files which contain my edited productions which I then export and upload to youtube separately. I have a print screen that I will attach below. In the image provided all of my productions should show up as this is where I saved them all however I can no longer access them. I could access my most recent production but also lost access to that after creating another production after encountering this issue.

post-120403-0-09631900-1409432578_thumb.png

Did you use the search function to find your .dmsm files? Those files contain no video. They are just instruction sets to tell the Roxio software what to do when you actually burn to a "movie" DVD.

OK, you lost nothing!

VideoWave defaults to where you last saved/opened a Project. You may have changed that without realizing it...

On this PC it is defaulting to Documents :huh:

post-39730-0-08091000-1409490571_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-70688800-1409490573_thumb.jpg

On my other PC everything is going to Pictures...

You just need to find them and point the file selector in VW to that place. You could find them and Move them to one place...

As GPB suggests, do a search for dmsm, Mine produced 850 hits on my C:/ drive ;)

post-39730-0-14821100-1409491017_thumb.jpg