Anthon

Mp4 Video Doesn't Seem To Save After Capture

Question

As you guys know, I'm thankful for the workers of Roxio to continue support for the HD Pro and the support I've been getting so far. But now onto some matters. I've updated the software and seeing the enhanced compatibility, I tried MP4. I did a small sample of recording Pokemon Rumble U and it seemed like everything is fine. But when I opened the directory, it didn't seem to be there. So I tried the Pre-Roll (Love that feature, by the way) and it wasn't there again. This was when I tried keeping the directory opened while I record. When I finished capturing again, it just disappeared when I finished (I kid you not. It just disappeared.)

25 answers to this question

I had the exact same issue, the mp4 file would be there when recording but after clicking "Stop Capture" it would vanish. NightcrawlerPlay's solution worked for me, despite what Jim says, I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack and now it works fine. I didn't even close Roxio between captures so it couldn't have been anything else I'd done as I'd done nothing.

I'd recommend trying this for anybody having a similar issue. Perhaps the people claiming this is an impossible solution should install the pack and try it?

Thanks

Maybe...

What we have found since then is that the MP4 does not work for any file exceeding 1 hour!

Works fine if it is shorter and I will not waste my time trying to find which minute breaks it... The best solution is to record and use M2TS as very, very few have any real need to do MP4 -_-

But I would be curious if you can record mp4 for more than an hour without the K-Lite ;)

As you guys know, I'm thankful for the workers of Roxio to continue support for the HD Pro and the support I've been getting so far. But now onto some matters. I've updated the software and seeing the enhanced compatibility, I tried MP4. I did a small sample of recording Pokemon Rumble U and it seemed like everything is fine. But when I opened the directory, it didn't seem to be there. So I tried the Pre-Roll (Love that feature, by the way) and it wasn't there again. This was when I tried keeping the directory opened while I record. When I finished capturing again, it just disappeared when I finished (I kid you not. It just disappeared.)

Did you search your computer for the file with the name you gave it?

There is not much information on what you actually did,so it is hard to offer suggestions.

Did you search your computer for the file with the name you gave it?

There is not much information on what you actually did,so it is hard to offer suggestions.

Definitely. I tried every option every time.
  • Like 1

Yeah the same thing happens to me! I try recording in Mp4, it records fine, I get a waiting bar after that, but it disappears and there's no file in the directory I set it to.

Worked OK on mine...

post-39730-0-36694700-1409397660_thumb.jpg

Make sure you KNOW where it is going to put the file and give it a unique name before your start ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Worked OK on mine...

post-39730-0-36694700-1409397660_thumb.jpg

Make sure you KNOW where it is going to put the file and give it a unique name before your start ;)

I'll try it again.

Well, I tried and retraced some steps and it still doesn't seem to work. And I mean AFTER I stop the capture.

If it works for others, it IS NOT a software issue! I have tested on 2 different PC's & OS's.

Did you Download and then Run or Run from location when you did SP2?

Do this. Perform a proper repair but do not apply SP2.

Test it!

Apply SP2 and test it with Both MP4 and M2TS...

(I suggest you print this post and use it as a check list)

Proper Repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Do Not
accept the offer to Check for Updates

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Well I tested it. M2TS is fine. Also, as it seems that when I changed it to MP4, it still records in M2TS. Any possible solutions?

... Also, as it seems that when I changed it to MP4, it still records in M2TS. Any possible solutions?

No, not even possible - Change the default File Name, I think you are losing track ;)

And make absolutely sure it has changed to MP4 and the drop box is NOT highlighted (click somewhere on a blank spot on the interface).

• Like 1

Well folks, my problem was codecs, more specifically with the K-Lite Codec Pack. I just uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack that my problem was solved. Hope this can help other people. Thank you very much.pfUQxZq.png

Well folks, my problem was codecs, more specifically with the K-Lite Codec Pack. I just uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack that my problem was solved. Hope this can help other people. Thank you very much.pfUQxZq.png

NO!

All the needed codecs are installed with the update... Now something else you did may have defeated those updates...

NO!

All the needed codecs are installed with the update... Now something else you did may have defeated those updates...

I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack and installed XP Codec Pack and it worked. What codec pack you have installed on your pc and you can suggest me to install on my pc?

I've recently run into this issue when trying to find a way to render my videos as 60 fps, they already record at 60 but get capped at 30 during rendering. So I tried recording in mp4 but it refuses to save the file after recording. And regarding the fps problem, every rendering option that gives more than 30 fps gives me an error during rendering and stops the process. I've searched for the mp4 after recording, given it a unique name, made a new destination for it and have still failed to find it. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

I had the exact same issue, the mp4 file would be there when recording but after clicking "Stop Capture" it would vanish. NightcrawlerPlay's solution worked for me, despite what Jim says, I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack and now it works fine. I didn't even close Roxio between captures so it couldn't have been anything else I'd done as I'd done nothing.

I'd recommend trying this for anybody having a similar issue. Perhaps the people claiming this is an impossible solution should install the pack and try it?

Thanks

I've still got the MP4 problem. M2ts works absolutely fine, but when I record in mp4, the file will be in my directory while I'm recording but gone when I'm finished, no matter how short or long it is. I've uninstalleda and reinstalled the software twice, once with the updates and once without, neither time allowed it to work. I need to record in Mp4 occasionally since it is the only video file type my friend's ^#!& computer can run and I've started sending him my recordings to watch. I'm also curious to why I am unable to render a video as "Same As Original" in video wave. I'll get an error message saying it was done successfully when it never rendered any frames or anything.

I've still got the MP4 problem. M2ts works absolutely fine, but when I record in mp4, the file will be in my directory while I'm recording but gone when I'm finished, no matter how short or long it is. I've uninstalleda and reinstalled the software twice, once with the updates and once without, neither time allowed it to work. I need to record in Mp4 occasionally since it is the only video file type my friend's ^#!& computer can run and I've started sending him my recordings to watch. I'm also curious to why I am unable to render a video as "Same As Original" in video wave. I'll get an error message saying it was done successfully when it never rendered any frames or anything.

There is something on your PC that is interfering...

One user suggested that uninstalling the K-Lite Code packs is a cure. Guess you could try that and let us know.

Something I got to work was while the program is still capturing video, you open task manager and end the task. I know it sounds suspicious, but it worked for me. The video doesn't delete itself after being closed by task manager.

This works because the video is being streamed to the file, which records and encodes everything as it happens, instead of putting it together after ending the capture. Normally, the software will automatically delete the footage if the system doesn't meet a certain requirement, but because the process is being ended before it has a chance to do this, the footage remains in the folder it was recorded in.

If that doesn't work, consider downloading OBS and recording the output on the capture window.

Something I got to work was while the program is still capturing video, you open task manager and end the task. I know it sounds suspicious, but it worked for me. The video doesn't delete itself after being closed by task manager.

This works because the video is being streamed to the file, which records and encodes everything as it happens, instead of putting it together after ending the capture. Normally, the software will automatically delete the footage if the system doesn't meet a certain requirement, but because the process is being ended before it has a chance to do this, the footage remains in the folder it was recorded in.

If that doesn't work, consider downloading OBS and recording the output on the capture window.

Gameplayr95 has not been to the forums since May 2015. I doubt that he/she will see your post here.

This was answered back at Post# 20 about a year ago.

I do not agree that stopping anything while it is running is a good idea! - only exception is one that is not responding after a generous wait.

It captures in m2ts and converts after you hit stop. SAME time is needed to do it within the software or just capture in m2ts and convert it yourself...

It does not convert it on the fly.

Keep in mind it does work, convert to mp4, as long as the capture time is under 1 hour. ;)

It would have been better if they had allow it to capture directly in either format... I think the 1 hour bug was an unintended consequence but either way, converting after capturing was just not a good way to get there -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

This was answered back at Post# 20 about a year ago.

I do not agree that stopping anything while it is running is a good idea! - only exception is one that is not responding after a generous wait.

It captures in m2ts and converts after you hit stop. SAME time is needed to do it within the software or just capture in m2ts and convert it yourself...

It does not convert it on the fly.

Keep in mind it does work, convert to mp4, as long as the capture time is under 1 hour. ;)

It would have been better if they had allow it to capture directly in either format... I think the 1 hour bug was an unintended consequence but either way, converting after capturing was just not a good way to get there -_-

I never said it converted it, I said it encodes it.

Also, clicking stop deletes the file after it does its thing, and the file format is always M2TS, regardless of the setting I chose.

And remember, I made the suggestion to record the output with OBS.