Roxio Community

Photo

Mp4 Video Doesn't Seem To Save After Capture

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

Best Answer Jim_Hardin , 21 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

I had the exact same issue, the mp4 file would be there when recording but after clicking "Stop Capture" it would vanish. NightcrawlerPlay's solution worked for me, despite what Jim says, I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack and now it works fine. I didn't even close Roxio between captures so it couldn't have been anything else I'd done as I'd done nothing.

I'd recommend trying this for anybody having a similar issue. Perhaps the people claiming this is an impossible solution should install the pack and try it?

Thanks

Maybe...

What we have found since then is that the MP4 does not work for any file exceeding 1 hour!

Works fine if it is shorter and I will not waste my time trying to find which minute breaks it... The best solution is to record and use M2TS as very, very few have any real need to do MP4 -_-

But I would be curious if you can record mp4 for more than an hour without the K-Lite ;) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

As you guys know, I'm thankful for the workers of Roxio to continue support for the HD Pro and the support I've been getting so far. But now onto some matters. I've updated the software and seeing the enhanced compatibility, I tried MP4. I did a small sample of recording Pokemon Rumble U and it seemed like everything is fine. But when I opened the directory, it didn't seem to be there. So I tried the Pre-Roll (Love that feature, by the way) and it wasn't there again. This was when I tried keeping the directory opened while I record. When I finished capturing again, it just disappeared when I finished (I kid you not. It just disappeared.)
Anthon Prower

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

As you guys know, I'm thankful for the workers of Roxio to continue support for the HD Pro and the support I've been getting so far. But now onto some matters. I've updated the software and seeing the enhanced compatibility, I tried MP4. I did a small sample of recording Pokemon Rumble U and it seemed like everything is fine. But when I opened the directory, it didn't seem to be there. So I tried the Pre-Roll (Love that feature, by the way) and it wasn't there again. This was when I tried keeping the directory opened while I record. When I finished capturing again, it just disappeared when I finished (I kid you not. It just disappeared.)

Did you search your computer for the file with the name you gave it?

There is not much information on what you actually did,so it is hard to offer suggestions.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Did you search your computer for the file with the name you gave it?

There is not much information on what you actually did,so it is hard to offer suggestions.

Definitely. I tried every option every time.
  • Kenzebo likes this
Anthon Prower

#4 TimAng

TimAng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Yeah the same thing happens to me! I try recording in Mp4, it records fine, I get a waiting bar after that, but it disappears and there's no file in the directory I set it to.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Worked OK on mine...

MP4 Capture.jpg

Make sure you KNOW where it is going to put the file and give it a unique name before your start ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 30 August 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#6 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

Worked OK on mine...

MP4 Capture.jpg

Make sure you KNOW where it is going to put the file and give it a unique name before your start ;)

I'll try it again.
Anthon Prower

#7 NightcrawlerPlay

NightcrawlerPlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

same thing happens to me! already uninstalled, reinstalled and does not work. would be a problem with codecs? thanks

#8 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Well, I tried and retraced some steps and it still doesn't seem to work. And I mean AFTER I stop the capture.
Anthon Prower

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

If it works for others, it IS NOT a software issue! I have tested on 2 different PC's & OS's.

Did you Download and then Run or Run from location when you did SP2?

Do this. Perform a proper repair but do not apply SP2.

Test it!

Apply SP2 and test it with Both MP4 and M2TS...
(I suggest you print this post and use it as a check list)

Proper Repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Do Not accept the offer to Check for Updates

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

#10 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

Well I tested it. M2TS is fine. Also, as it seems that when I changed it to MP4, it still records in M2TS. Any possible solutions?
Anthon Prower

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

... Also, as it seems that when I changed it to MP4, it still records in M2TS. Any possible solutions?

No, not even possible - Change the default File Name, I think you are losing track ;)

And make absolutely sure it has changed to MP4 and the drop box is NOT highlighted (click somewhere on a blank spot on the interface).
  • Anthon likes this

#12 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Ohhhh. I'm so dumb. It works!
Anthon Prower

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Dumb??? I don't think so!

Everyone who has NEVER been confused by a Computer raise your hand :lol: :D :lol:

#14 Anthon

Anthon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Uhhh...*raises hand*
Anthon Prower

#15 NightcrawlerPlay

NightcrawlerPlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Well folks, my problem was codecs, more specifically with the K-Lite Codec Pack. I just uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack that my problem was solved. Hope this can help other people. Thank you very much.Posted Image

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Well folks, my problem was codecs, more specifically with the K-Lite Codec Pack. I just uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack that my problem was solved. Hope this can help other people. Thank you very much.Posted Image

NO!

All the needed codecs are installed with the update... Now something else you did may have defeated those updates...

#17 NightcrawlerPlay

NightcrawlerPlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

NO!

All the needed codecs are installed with the update... Now something else you did may have defeated those updates...

I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack and installed XP Codec Pack and it worked. What codec pack you have installed on your pc and you can suggest me to install on my pc?

#18 Gameplayr95

Gameplayr95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

I've recently run into this issue when trying to find a way to render my videos as 60 fps, they already record at 60 but get capped at 30 during rendering. So I tried recording in mp4 but it refuses to save the file after recording. And regarding the fps problem, every rendering option that gives more than 30 fps gives me an error during rendering and stops the process. I've searched for the mp4 after recording, given it a unique name, made a new destination for it and have still failed to find it. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

#19 CNeedham

CNeedham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

I had the exact same issue, the mp4 file would be there when recording but after clicking "Stop Capture" it would vanish. NightcrawlerPlay's solution worked for me, despite what Jim says, I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack and now it works fine. I didn't even close Roxio between captures so it couldn't have been anything else I'd done as I'd done nothing.

I'd recommend trying this for anybody having a similar issue. Perhaps the people claiming this is an impossible solution should install the pack and try it?

Thanks

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:55 AM   Best Answer

Thanks

Maybe...

What we have found since then is that the MP4 does not work for any file exceeding 1 hour!

Works fine if it is shorter and I will not waste my time trying to find which minute breaks it... The best solution is to record and use M2TS as very, very few have any real need to do MP4 -_-

But I would be curious if you can record mp4 for more than an hour without the K-Lite ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users