Roxio Community

Photo

Mp4 Video Doesn't Seem To Save After Capture

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

Best Answer Jim_Hardin , 21 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

I had the exact same issue, the mp4 file would be there when recording but after clicking "Stop Capture" it would vanish. NightcrawlerPlay's solution worked for me, despite what Jim says, I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack and now it works fine. I didn't even close Roxio between captures so it couldn't have been anything else I'd done as I'd done nothing.

I'd recommend trying this for anybody having a similar issue. Perhaps the people claiming this is an impossible solution should install the pack and try it?

Thanks

Maybe...

What we have found since then is that the MP4 does not work for any file exceeding 1 hour!

Works fine if it is shorter and I will not waste my time trying to find which minute breaks it... The best solution is to record and use M2TS as very, very few have any real need to do MP4 -_-

But I would be curious if you can record mp4 for more than an hour without the K-Lite ;) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Gameplayr95

Gameplayr95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

I've still got the MP4 problem. M2ts works absolutely fine, but when I record in mp4, the file will be in my directory while I'm recording but gone when I'm finished, no matter how short or long it is. I've uninstalleda and reinstalled the software twice, once with the updates and once without, neither time allowed it to work. I need to record in Mp4 occasionally since it is the only video file type my friend's ^#!& computer can run and I've started sending him my recordings to watch. I'm also curious to why I am unable to render a video as "Same As Original" in video wave. I'll get an error message saying it was done successfully when it never rendered any frames or anything.

#22 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

I've still got the MP4 problem. M2ts works absolutely fine, but when I record in mp4, the file will be in my directory while I'm recording but gone when I'm finished, no matter how short or long it is. I've uninstalleda and reinstalled the software twice, once with the updates and once without, neither time allowed it to work. I need to record in Mp4 occasionally since it is the only video file type my friend's ^#!& computer can run and I've started sending him my recordings to watch. I'm also curious to why I am unable to render a video as "Same As Original" in video wave. I'll get an error message saying it was done successfully when it never rendered any frames or anything.

There is something on your PC that is interfering...

One user suggested that uninstalling the K-Lite Code packs is a cure. Guess you could try that and let us know.

#23 Nate04

Nate04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Something I got to work was while the program is still capturing video, you open task manager and end the task. I know it sounds suspicious, but it worked for me. The video doesn't delete itself after being closed by task manager.

This works because the video is being streamed to the file, which records and encodes everything as it happens, instead of putting it together after ending the capture. Normally, the software will automatically delete the footage if the system doesn't meet a certain requirement, but because the process is being ended before it has a chance to do this, the footage remains in the folder it was recorded in.

If that doesn't work, consider downloading OBS and recording the output on the capture window.

#24 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,535 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Something I got to work was while the program is still capturing video, you open task manager and end the task. I know it sounds suspicious, but it worked for me. The video doesn't delete itself after being closed by task manager.

This works because the video is being streamed to the file, which records and encodes everything as it happens, instead of putting it together after ending the capture. Normally, the software will automatically delete the footage if the system doesn't meet a certain requirement, but because the process is being ended before it has a chance to do this, the footage remains in the folder it was recorded in.

If that doesn't work, consider downloading OBS and recording the output on the capture window.

Gameplayr95 has not been to the forums since May 2015.  I doubt that he/she will see your post here.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#25 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:23 AM

This was answered back at Post# 20 about a year ago.

I do not agree that stopping anything while it is running is a good idea! - only exception is one that is not responding after a generous wait.

It captures in m2ts and converts after you hit stop. SAME time is needed to do it within the software or just capture in m2ts and convert it yourself...

It does not convert it on the fly.

Keep in mind it does work, convert to mp4, as long as the capture time is under 1 hour. ;)

It would have been better if they had allow it to capture directly in either format... I think the 1 hour bug was an unintended consequence but either way, converting after capturing was just not a good way to get there -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 27 February 2017 - 03:25 AM.

#26 Nate04

Nate04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

This was answered back at Post# 20 about a year ago.

I do not agree that stopping anything while it is running is a good idea! - only exception is one that is not responding after a generous wait.

It captures in m2ts and converts after you hit stop. SAME time is needed to do it within the software or just capture in m2ts and convert it yourself...

It does not convert it on the fly.

Keep in mind it does work, convert to mp4, as long as the capture time is under 1 hour. ;)

It would have been better if they had allow it to capture directly in either format... I think the 1 hour bug was an unintended consequence but either way, converting after capturing was just not a good way to get there -_-

I never said it converted it, I said it encodes it.

Also, clicking stop deletes the file after it does its thing, and the file format is always M2TS, regardless of the setting I chose.

And remember, I made the suggestion to record the output with OBS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roxio Game Capture HD Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users