Mike49

Opening A Slideshow In Mydvd

Question

I bought Creator NXT2 in April to replace the Creator 6 I have on my "XT" machine. My newer "Windows 7" machine is 64 bit, and my "XT" is 32. I made a "Slideshow" with background music using NXT2, but when I try to open the project to burn to a DVD, I get a 'There are no projects in this file." messge. I know it is there because I can see it in Windows Explorer. It even plays when I double click on it, in Windows Media Player, and it is awesome. I am not a computer genius, but I am pretty sure my problem has something to with file extensions. When I "Save Project," I cannot even see where it is going, so I cannot tell if the problem is just location, or what. HEELLLLP! :-)

2 answers to this question

Mike, is that XT a computer brand or a possibility non-existent Windows Operating system?

Edited by sknis

I bought Creator NXT2 in April to replace the Creator 6 I have on my "XT" machine. My newer "Windows 7" machine is 64 bit, and my "XT" is 32. I made a "Slideshow" with background music using NXT2, but when I try to open the project to burn to a DVD, I get a 'There are no projects in this file." messge. I know it is there because I can see it in Windows Explorer. It even plays when I double click on it, in Windows Media Player, and it is awesome. I am not a computer genius, but I am pretty sure my problem has something to with file extensions. When I "Save Project," I cannot even see where it is going, so I cannot tell if the problem is just location, or what. HEELLLLP! :-)

A Videowave project file cannot be played with Windows Media Player. The project file only contains text and is a list of all the resources used in your project such as video clips, photos, audio etc and the list of all the edits you did in your project. It contains no video whatsoever and there fore cannot be opened by Windows Media Player. Since you say WMP is able to play your "project" then what you have done is export your project to a video file which of course can be played. Now, that video file cannot be "opened" by myDVD or Videowave but can be "added" to the myDVD project by using the "Add movie'photo" task.

A videowave project file will have the extension dmsm and a myDVD project file will have the extension dmsd.

When you use Save As the project file is saved and not the video file of the project. The project files are saved to the location which you chose when you used Sabe As the first time. I assume that you have the option to display file extension enabled in Windows. If yes then simply search for dmsm or dmsd to find the project files