Sign in to follow this  
Festive

Mp4 Files Into Videowave, Audio Becomes Static Noise

Question

My husband bought a Sony 4k camcorder. We import the 4k/MP4 files and they play great on the PC. I decided to pull these files into Videowave, insert transitions and save the file. In playback preview it looks great but the audio is pure noise/static. Any idea what is happening to the audio?

I uploaded the MP4 file into YouTube and it plays fine, just like when I view it on the PC. However, when trying to create a movie, etc., in Videowave the sound is pure static.

Thank you for any help you can provide. I'm almost bald from pulling out my hair.

Window 8.1

Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2

3 answers to this question

Right click on one of the files and select properties and then details. What type of audio stream is it?

You realize of course that any work you do with Video Wave will lower the video from the 4K to 2K (1920 by 1080). There are other programs that do work and output to 4K. Do you have a 4k player?

It is hard for us to make any definitive statement regarding the audio without doing some testing. Please take a short 5 second or so video of anything but with someone talking and upload it to a file sharing site so we can download it and play with it. I use YAA.im but there are lots of others.

Never mind. I tried to download some 4K videos from YouTube and they all came in as 1920 by 1080.

That audio bit rate seems a bit high but may be normal for 4K. What audio card or chip do you have? The camcorder should be recording in these formats: 2ch LPCM for XAVC-S & 5.1ch AC3 for AVCHD

​

The sales brochure doesn't give any audio information for mp4. What did you select mp4 rather than the more popular AVCHD? Are you sure that the files are 4K?

I can't help with my rig.

​

​Look at the upper right for a private message from me.

Edited by sknis