• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

I just purchased Roxio Creator NX Pro 2 has because the purchase site said this version has the ability to
Stabilize and rotate video. I follow the tutorial from the site but I do not get options to stabilize video when I double click the effect or when I click on show settings for the effect. My video did not get stabilized. Any ideas why my stabilize video function is not working?

my view: Attached File  my view.png   193.59KB   3 downloads

Tutorial view: Attached File  tutorial.png   289.79KB   1 downloads

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

Yah, they broke it and we don't know if or when it will get fixed :huh:

It did work in previous versions, but only to a degree... It forced be to buy a better camcorder :lol: :D :lol:

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,301 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

Most stabilize video programs simply zoom in to give an appearance of stabilization. That will stabilize some slight jiggling of the camcorder but it will not remove severe shake. None of these types programs do much more.

Download the free trial of Mercalli Easy from ProDAD to see one of the better stabilization programs. If it does what you want, buy it from Amazon or similar for under $15.

You can spend more for other programs but there is no substitute for a monopod, tripod, leaning against an object (telephone pole) or using the camcorder strap stretch out to stabilize your camcorder.

Edited by sknis, 10 September 2014 - 03:58 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Thanks. I'm familiar with how stabilization should work however my version I purchased "Roxio Creator NX Pro 2" claimed to have this feature yet it does not. I'll just have to get my money back. Its the only reason I purchased it. I already had an older version "Creator 2010" and the only reason I upgraded and paid the extra 100.00 was to get stabilization. What a rip off this "Roxio Creator NX Pro 2" . I could go out and buy better software, that does more, for less. Heck, even free youtube will stablize your uploaded videos.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,301 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

It is hard to believe that you paid $100 for video stabilization when you knew that you could do it cheaper using another program. :blink: Good luck getting your money back if you have had it for any length of time regardless of where you live.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#6 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

Why is it hard to believe Digitial Guru? The only reason I know I could get better software is because you told me I could. I purchased this stupid Roxio four days ago and then when it didnt work, I searched this forums and now I know. I saw the tutorial and thought "that is what I need".

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,301 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

Why is it hard to believe Digitial Guru? The only reason I know I could get better software is because you told me I could. I purchased this stupid Roxio four days ago and then when it didnt work, I searched this forums and now I know. I saw the tutorial and thought "that is what I need".

You said you knew about video stabilization so I thought you knew about programs that worked; especially those that cost $15 rather than to update a program that cost $100. See if you can get Creator 2012 from e-bay at a discount if you insist on using Roxio/Corel.

Laptop - Windows 10

#8 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

I'll check it out thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users