63 replies to this topic

#1 Appleman8977

Appleman8977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

I recently bought a Lenovo Y50 from the manufacturer. During the purchase process, they offered it to be shipped with a digital download of Roxio Creator NXT 2. When my computer arrived, I opened the email with the download link and downloaded the program. I downloaded a file called "Download_Roxio_Creator_NXT.exe" and "Download_Roxio_Creator_NXT_Content.exe". I ran the first program and it created a folder in my downloads called "Roxio Creator NXT" and in that file was another .EXE called "Creator_NXT_2". When I ran this program a bar comes up saying "This app can't run on your PC". I attempted to re-download the file with various internet setting changes until a popup that says that I have reached the maximum number of downloads came up.

I am running a Lenovo Y50; x64; Intel i7; 16GB RAM; 1TB Hard-drive; Windows 8.1

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
(I've searched the web for days to no avail)

Edited by Appleman8977, 11 September 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Sometimes the error comes from the video set up. Make sure you are above the minimums and that you have windows fonts set to 96 dpi.

Contact Roxio-Ralf to have your count reset.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 Appleman8977

Appleman8977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

My computer should meet the minimum graphics qualifications, I have an Nvidia GTX 860m graphics card (Which should be Directx 9 compatible). I manually changed my computer's font to 96 dpi. Aside from making everything tiny, it had no effect on the .EXE which still says it "can't run on your PC".

#4 bobba

bobba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

I have the same problem with my identical Lenovo Y50 purchased this month. I'm still looking for a solution. Lenovo was no help. Please post if you solve this. I will also.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

To both of you, the Lenovo Y50 is pretty much a generic name for a laptop. Just look at the 30 or so just listed on Amazon to get an idea. We'll need more information.

Perhaps we can find some similarity - please follow these instructions to post a Windows dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computers. (link)

Follow the instructions, post the text file do not copy and paste the text. (Note this is a reading and following instruction test also. :P ;) )

Have either of you talked to Lenovo ? Their download may be corrupted. Did they assure that it was a full version and not an OEM (limited freebie)?

Edit. Did you ask Lenovo why their download says NXT and not NXT 2? Did they send you the wrong download link?

Edited by sknis, 16 September 2014 - 10:32 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#6 bobba

bobba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for the input. I hope I passed the test. The dxdiag is attached. I contacted Lenovo by phone and five people, 90 minutes, could not help or find help. They suggested Roxio. I emailed the online contact and included your questions.

The two program file names downloaded are '...nxt-2' just as mentioned in the first post. The first one, upon clicking immediately says, as above, "This app can't run on your PC". The second one begins the install process and later says "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products."
There is a Roxio setup log if that is of help I can post (attach)it.

It sure seems like an incorrect or corrupted file.

Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

There is a Roxio setup log if that is of help I can post (attach)it.

That would help.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

Although it should not make a difference in installing and running, it will cause issues later. Set your Windows font to 96 dpi. Set your monitor to the default recommended. You didn't say you were using a monitor other than the one on the laptop.

You have both the onboard video chip and it looks like a GTX860M video card. Which one are you using? I understand is is possible to run both but I don't know if that will work with this program. Search Windows on how to select which video device you want to use. I have a laptop with a video card and the Intel video chip (4000) and video related programs run fine with the intel chip.

When you installed the program did you install to an administrator account and if it didn't install the first time, did you turn off the compatibility mode? Did you have your antivirus active when you installed the program?

Laptop - Windows 10

#9 bobba

bobba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

I have tried the install before without the external monitor and lower resolution with no change. Compatibility mode is off; AV off; and am using administrator account.
Now there is no external monitor and the res is default 1920 x 1080. I could not find where the system dpi can be lowered any more on my computer. In display, I moved the slider to smallest from largest. But it doesn't seem to change the system dpi. I searched the control panel and just came up with that. Rebooted then I re downloaded the program and tried again to install with the same error messages as in the no. 1 post.
This is taking way too much time. I could disable the Nvidea graphics in device manager but I shouldn't have to. I tried the install on another laptop, AMD, with Win 7 64bit and only ATI Radeon HD 4225 grahics. I got the same "Setup has determined that your configuration doesn't support any of the included products". The smaller package, when clicked, said 'this is not a win32 app' and never opened.
The recent setup log is attached and also a new dxdiag. (from my lenovo)

Email from Lenovo web sales excludes them from any responsibility or knowledge of the issue. I made one final call to their included phone number to ask for a refund which I didn't expect and didn't get. They gave me the phone number for Roxio support (digital river) who did not sell the product. It was downloaded from red-protexis.net from Corel and I guess no one has responsibility. I expected it to be preinstalled at Lenovo but I don't know Lenovo that well and I guess they are in China while Roxio Creator is elsewhere.

Attached Files

• Appleman8977 likes this

#10 Appleman8977

Appleman8977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Bobba and me both have the same computer (atleast the dxdiag was practically Identical). Lenovo Y50 - 59421855

I'm not an expert at Roxio or how it was programmed and runs but it looks like the issue happens here:

09/17/14 22:31:30 - Running AppSearch
09/17/14 22:31:30 - Looking up the suite property EMC_CONTENT14X.AppSearch, and retrieved the value: RET,TRUE;OUT,EMC_CONTENT14X.FoundEMC14x,NotFound;REG,HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\RoxWatch15.exe,REG_SZ,Path
09/17/14 22:31:30 - The registry key was not found on x86 or x64: 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\RoxWatch15.exe' error: 2
09/17/14 22:31:30 - The requested AppSearch tests were not succesful.
09/17/14 22:31:33 - Caught thrown long 1150

-Copied from my ROXIO_SETUP.LOG but also found in bobba's log-

On an exploration of my computer's registery, I noticed that there was not even an "App Paths" folder inside the "CurrentVersion" folder. I maybe spewing mindless dribble, but this looks like a possible problem.

#11 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

Appleman - did you install the program and reboot before you tried to install the content? Did you have your antivirus active?.

I still think the download at Lenovo's site is defective

Both set up logs reloate to "content". Did you install the program first. The content are the "extras" that go along with the program.

Have either of you talked to Lenovo about this? I see that another person has a slightly different problem also with a Lenovo computer.

Laptop - Windows 10

#12 bobba

bobba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

I think you are right, Guru. The link may be defective, for another operating system, or whatever. It should, but also doesn't install on my Dell AMD Win 7 which meets all the system requirements of Creator. The error message there when clicking on the Creator NXT 2 program was 'This is not a win32 app'.

My model Lenovo is the same as Appleman.

The Creator NXT 2 program file will not open. Just opens an error message: 'This App can't run on your computer' .
So I guess that explains why the Creator NXT 2 Content program stuff is not supported. The log(s) we get are produced from the Content setup process.

It is downloaded from Red-Protexis.net which lists Corel as a customer. Lenovo is 'only' the retailer. Lenovo apparently has no clue. I don't know how to find someone that may care.

I don't have the patience to call Lenovo repeatedly since 7 people have been no help and keep referring me to Roxio.com, but I will email Lenovo again and again, to support and websales altho my expectations are way low. Perhaps I can communicate more efficiently now. I will post a positive response here, if any.

Thanks everyone, maybe things are getting slightly clear now [to my frustrated mind].

#13 Appleman8977

Appleman8977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

The program installer does not work.
Only the Roxio Content '.EXE' would work.

I had a similar experience with Lenovo customer support, 4 transfers and a dropped call. There is no real point of trying to go to Lenovo, they don't seem to be helpful in this matter.

If the downloader/installer is bugged or corrupt, is there any way to get one that isn't bugged or corrupt, possibly one from Roxio itself. I still have the install key, yet to be used (Hopefully not broken as well), and the digital receipt from Lenovo.

Edited by Appleman8977, 18 September 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#14 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

Sorry, Roxio would probably just tell you to go to back to Lenovo. Lenovo may have modified that program to work only on that computer so Roxio can't help. They were not involved with the modification. I'm pretty sure that the installer is designed to work with only that program. . Go back to Lenovo and demand to talk to a supervisor. Ask for the first name and last initial of the first person you talk to. By law, they have to give you that information.

In the meantime, I' see if I can get you some help. Wait to a private message (top right of the page}.

Laptop - Windows 10

#15 Appleman8977

Appleman8977

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I sent an email to Lenovo, which seems more effective than calling them. I got a response enclosed in the spoiler below:
Spoiler

(The for-mentioned link is to their "Premium Support" page, nothing of use)

It appears Lenovo is putting the responsibility for the software errors on Roxio.

At this point, I either want a functioning video editing program, or my money back(something Lenovo says they won't do).

Edited by Appleman8977, 21 September 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#16 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

I sent an email to Lenovo, which seems more effective than calling them. I got a response enclosed in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

It appears Lenovo is putting the responsibility for the software errors on Roxio. As apposed to:

Lenovo is trying to fill you with dog poo lip service!

Read the last paragraph.

http://howto.corel.c...&sKey=OEM Roxio

Attached File  oem.jpg   123.48KB   1 downloads

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#17 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

The problem is, we don't really know if it's an OEM version or not that Lenovo is providing the link for.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#18 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

The problem is, we don't really know if it's an OEM version or not that Lenovo is providing the link for.

I've never heard of anyone but Roxio selling there retail software as a download!

Appleman8977 what is the URL for the Roxio download software?

I found this on Lenovo site.

What is Electronic Download?
*Only products labeled as ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD will be delivered via download. All other products will ship with order.

When purchasing Electronic Download software you will receive an authorization key as well as a link to direct-download your software via the email address you designate in the checkout process. You will receive no hard discs, DVDs, or other tangible download method with your delivery.

Should you experience any issues such as non-delivery or loss of your Electronic Download email, you may access your Digital Locker to request that the email be resent. Note that once any order which includes an Electronic Download item has been placed, that portion of your order will be non-refundable.

cd

Spoiler

#19 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

I've never heard of anyone but Roxio selling there retail software as a download!

Almost everybody sells their retail software via download ... or I don't understand what you mean by your statement.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#20 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

Almost everybody sells their retail software via download... or I don't understand what you mean by your statement.

Only Roxio sells there Retail Software as a download.

I've never heard of anyone else selling Roxio Retail Software as a download.

Is that any clearer?

Edited by cdanteek, 21 September 2014 - 03:38 PM.

cd

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation, error, lenovo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users