BarbJ

Missing Frame/black Screen During Playback

Question

Using Creator NXT Pro 2 and have used Roxio products for some years. My last two productions do not "output" correctly when I am trying to convert to a file format compatible with YouTube. There are missing frames or black screens at random places. I have also tried to use the output - direct upload to Youtube and get the same results.....missing frames and pictures. I thought it might be a transition issue as I am using the potluck feature for entering the transitions. Changing them did not help though. The production runs fine in the Roxio format; but that is not compatible with YouTube. I have done this conversion many times in the past and not had this problem. Is there a program update I need? Platform: Windows8.2

16 answers to this question

8.2 ! When did that come out?

Reduce the size and resolution of the images and they should show. Are the images missing always the same ones or do they change?

You can also just try applying a 1 pixel blur to the images by right clicking on the ones that are missing>

Edited by sknis

Hmm, it does seem to be be the same pictures, which were taken with the same camera as the other pictures, same settings, resolution, size, etc. Will try the one pixel blur.

When you say try a 1 pixel blur to the images by right clicking on the ones that are missing> I don't see any option like that when I right click them inside the Roxio program. After using the "edit" photo option and trying "auto fix"' still screwing up.

When you say try a 1 pixel blur to the images by right clicking on the ones that are missing> I don't see any option like that when I right click them inside the Roxio program. After using the "edit" photo option and trying "auto fix"' still screwing up.

What is the file size of those pictures? What are the resolutions? How many pictures in the project?

What format are you referring to by "The production runs fine in the Roxio format"? To what "youTube" are you rendering?

Edited by myguggi

The total project is only 58 panels; problems start at panel # 11, Resolution is 72; file size 4.53 mb. Also have problems with panel 22 and 23, same camera, same resolution, same size, etc.

I am sure you realize that the .dmsm extension is not supported at Youtube.com; therefore the Roxio production has to be converted to a different format; ie. mpeg4. The problems are occurring when I attempt to make this conversion. I have done this conversion a number of times in the past and not had this problem.

The total project is only 58 panels; problems start at panel # 11, Resolution is 72; file size 4.53 mb. Also have problems with panel 22 and 23, same camera, same resolution, same size, etc.

I am sure you realize that the .dmsm extension is not supported at Youtube.com; therefore the Roxio production has to be converted to a different format; ie. mpeg4. The problems are occurring when I attempt to make this conversion. I have done this conversion a number of times in the past and not had this problem.

dmsm is not a video format. All it is is a listing of the resources used in your project such as video clips, photos, audio as well as any edits etc you made in your project. It contains no video whatsoever and of course youTube will not accept or recognize it.

To what format are you exporting exactly, that is what are the settings?

Is it always the same photos that are giving the problem? What happens if you move the photos to a different panel?

Sorry, by resolution I actually meant the picture dimensions, ie pixel size

Edited by myguggi

I have exactly the same issue. Random black frames. It has happened (and ruined) multiple video projects. It happens upon outputting to DVD as well. I have investigated it thoroughly and can not find any pattern on where the issue is happening. I am using 16x9 format and typically using high resolution photos. About 10% of the frames are black and it is random. No relation to the photo or resolution. What is the solution? There is absolutely NO USE doing projects with Videowave with this issue. Very frustrated it has not been fixed. Did not happen on prior versions of Roxio. Please help.

Hmm, it does seem to be be the same pictures, which were taken with the same camera as the other pictures, same settings, resolution, size, etc. Will try the one pixel blur.

Although I doubt seriously that you will be back here, but why did you not answer the question asked in Post #2 of this thread?

Grandpabruce, I just read your post of Oct 2014. I believe I answered all the questions posed related to this issue. I am again having the same problem; which I see has not been resolved. Is there someone out there who can address the issue of random black frames?

Yes, the issue has been talked about many times, and the general solution is to reduce your image size to the size of the final output. If you are planning to create a DVD of your slideshow, then the maximum displayed dimensions are 720 wide x 480 high. So reduce the size of your image (resample it) so it fits inside those dimensions. (For a vertically oriented photo, set the height to 480, and let the program figure the width.)

If you're thinking, "But that will lose all the resolution of my pictures!" keep in mind that a DVD is Standard Definition output of 720x480 frame size, and your pictures will be resampled to that size anyway.

Larger images aren't a problem all of the time. So if you notice that it's only (a) certain image(s) then you probably only need to resample that/those image(s).

Hope that helps!

Grandpabruce, I just read your post of Oct 2014. I believe I answered all the questions posed related to this issue. I am again having the same problem; which I see has not been resolved. Is there someone out there who can address the issue of random black frames?

Are you BarbJ, the poster who started this thread? So where did you answer the questions?

I actually don't remember ever saying anything to you. :blink:

Perhaps bjkjensen is thinking that he supplied the information to Tech Support and should have access to that information. We are not tech support nor do we have access to your information.

I look at the bjkjensen earlier posts and they do not give any needed information.

Once more answer these questions and provide the dxdiag.exe text file from your computer as an attachment. Please carefully follow the directions if you are serious about help. Do so in a NEW topic that you start.

Edited by sknis

Perhaps you all should read the entire thread...I did answer the questions and find the tone of your replies insulting. I am bagging Roxio Nxt2 Pro and using another software; which hopefully isn't as unstable. Goodbye.

Actually, bj, you were asked some follow-up questions to clarify the actual size of the pictures that you used, which you did not answer. You told us the resolution, 72dpi, but what we really need to know is the dimensions (total pixel size) of your pictures, as asked by myguggi. He also asked the output format you were aiming for, which I don't see answered either.

However, since you have moved to another program, best of luck.

Perhaps you all should read the entire thread...I did answer the questions and find the tone of your replies insulting. I am bagging Roxio Nxt2 Pro and using another software; which hopefully isn't as unstable. Goodbye.

Can you please tell us in which post # in this thread you answered the question? I don't see anywhere in this thread where you answered any question :blink: