PoE Hitman

Mgi Photosuite 4 Platinum Not Working With Dell C1660W Color Laser Printer

I've had this program for a LONG time as it's my favorite image editing program. It's always worked with other printers but with this new Dell C1660w Color Laser printer I got, when you try to print an image, the program just hangs. A little "Printing in Progress" box comes up, but it never prints. When you bring up the active printer box and look at the print job, it always just says "spooling". The printer itself works fine as it prints with other programs. Photosuite 4 Platinum works fine with my other printers, but not with the Dell printer. Any ideas?

The main reason I use MGI Photosuite 4 Platinum is the ability it has to resize images by inches, as I get a lot of games from Gamestop and DVD's that don't have cases with them, I print out the case covers. Normally this means I have to resize them to print properly. If anyone knows of another program that I can use to do this, please let me know.

There are a lot of programs that are free that modify the size of the photo. Just Google for them.

Did you try this Microsoft fix process (link)? We should try to eliminate issues with this printer first.

Is the printer selected as the default printer? Did you install the latest drivers from Dell?

Did you talk to Dell about it?

Question, what operating system are you running Mgi Photosuite 4 Platinum on?

Question, a new printer compatible with what operating system?

My desktop computer is running Windows Vista 64-bit. The printer is brand new. I just got it yesterday and it works fine with everything else. For the drivers I used the disc that came with the printer.

My desktop computer is running Windows Vista 64-bit. The printer is brand new. I just got it yesterday and it works fine with everything else. For the drivers I used the disc that came with the printer.

That printer and the driver disc may have been sitting in a box for some time. Go to Dell and see if there are any fixes or if there are new drivers.

I just checked and the latest drivers/other needed software is dated 2013. Still check Dell.

Edited by sknis

I just went to the dell website and it comes up with 375 entries for drivers for my printer under my OS. Which one do I choose?

Did you go here (link)and put in the service tag? There is no way there are 375 entries. I see only one and it was released in October.

There are other types of software available so you may be looking at some extended list.

Of course, the MGI software is so old that it may not be capable of printing with that printer. Perhaps soone has that program and can help.

Edited by sknis

When I follow that link, I get an error encountered webpage.

I just used that link and got to the correct page using two different Browsers. You may have it blocked OR your operating system is screwed up.

Edited by sknis

I'm surprised it runs at all.

Photo Suite Platinum Edition 4.0 Version by MGI Windows NT / 98 / 95 / Me

I install and run Microsoft Photo Editor from older MS Office software for the same reason you run Photo Suite Platinum Edition 4.0.

It runs fine on W-7 and works with any printer I've used.

post-97-0-13752700-1410620183_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-35648100-1410620182_thumb.jpg

I tried the link again and it worked this time. Not sure what the problem was before. When I entered my service tag, it comes up with "No drivers found for the selected product."

Is there a standalone program for Microsoft Photo Editor?

I tried the link again and it worked this time. Not sure what the problem was before. When I entered my service tag, it comes up with "No drivers found for the selected product."

Is there a standalone program for Microsoft Photo Editor?

I have a old Microsoft Office XP disc and only install Microsoft Photo Editor.

post-97-0-71192700-1410624865_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have an old Microsoft Office XP disc. Any other program suggestions?

Mouse over my username and send me a message. :)