No audio/video editing

Vhs To Dvd3 Plus No Audio/video In Edit Mode

Question

First project in trying to transfer VHS to DVD. Did the copy/edit mode because I want to remove some of the material. Everything seemed to record properly. I could see the video and hear the audio while recording. The mpg file is on my computer because I can plat it in Windows Media. Nothing comes up on the screen in the edit mode. I hit play and nothing. The bar shows the total time, but it does not play. Nor do see anything when I move the playhead icon. What am I doing wrong?

Gateway w/ Windows 7, Home Premium 4 bit

Intel Core 5 processor

8GB DDR3 memory

1 TB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics

6 answers to this question

First project in trying to transfer VHS to DVD. Did the copy/edit mode because I want to remove some of the material. Everything seemed to record properly. I could see the video and hear the audio while recording. The mpg file is on my computer because I can plat it in Windows Media. Nothing comes up on the screen in the edit mode. I hit play and nothing. The bar shows the total time, but it does not play. Nor do see anything when I move the playhead icon. What am I doing wrong?

Gateway w/ Windows 7, Home Premium 4 bit

Intel Core 5 processor

8GB DDR3 memory

1 TB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics

I have no idea what you are doing wrong since you really have not told us what you are doing.

" Nothing comes up on the screen in the edit mode. I hit play and nothing. The bar shows the total time, but it does not play" does not explain very much what you are doing.

Are you sure the file that plays in Windows Media Player vs the one you see in Edit are actually the same files???

It sounds silly but sometimes it happens ;)

Yes, it is the same file, located where the preferences is set. I am trying to remove some unwanted material from the video, but cannot get anything to show on the screen in the Roxio software. I assumed that if I hit "play" the video would start streaming.

Yes it should start Playing when you click the Play (EVD3 does not 'stream')

Of course Play is the triangle in the center under the Preview Window:

post-39730-0-95354200-1410861033_thumb.jpg

Of course you have to have one clicked (highlights in blue) on the right before this works.

It should also show a length (time) at the right end of the blue bar...

What does yours show there?

If all that checks out, why not try another short capture and see what happens???

Edited by Jim_Hardin

"same results" with a new capture???

I am still tinkering with my main pc, maybe someone will post a pic or two of where the recording sound, device, volume etc. are set... ;)