Sign in to follow this  
Bookshelf

What Does Live Screen Capture Capture?

Question

7 answers to this question

It captures what you are doing on the screen along with sound from the built-in mic. It is useful if you are preparing a how-to demonstration on your Mac.

I wanted to see if there was a way to capture PART of a screen rather than the whole thing. For example, if I'm watching a webcast and want to record just that part of the screen is there a way? ( know I can use full screen mode, but I can't use it for some things.)

I wanted to see if there was a way to capture PART of a screen rather than the whole thing. For example, if I'm watching a webcast and want to record just that part of the screen is there a way? ( know I can use full screen mode, but I can't use it for some things.)

Nope. It's very limited in its functionality.

I want to be able to capture a video from a website that I am playing full-screen on my system, both video and sound, in high quality. Does the Live Screen Recording do that?

I want to be able to capture a video from a website that I am playing full-screen on my system, both video and sound, in high quality. Does the Live Screen Recording do that?

I don't think so. Toast has a Web video capture tool in its media browser that's supposed to do that. But it seems to reject most videos as well.

I just recently upgraded to Toast 12 Titanium for the Live Screen Capture feature. What a waste of $59 NZ. It will not capture audio, i.e. embedded with the video, only through the internal mic and the quality of that is so poor it's almost inaudible. Sunflower is not an option as the work around is so time consuming. I will shelve Toast 12 and stick with Toast 11 Titanium. This has been the most stable and best app. for video format conversion and CD/DVD burning. ( I use it with OS Lion 10.7.5).

Undoubtably the best app. for Live Screen Capture is Snapz Pro X. About $50 to $60 NZ. It will do anything up to a high resolution, video with audio up to 48k and graphics. It's actually cheaper than Toast 12 with the 40% off discount.

Snapz Pro X can be trialled before you buy. Better than sliced bread Toasted.

David.