Roxio Community

Photo
- - - - -

Hmmm, Videowave Won't Recognize Any Of My Video Formats?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tangle

tangle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

I have 5 cameras and Videowave will not recognize any videos shot with any of the cameras. However, I can view any of them either in Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

The cameras are:
Sony HDR-AS100V - MP4 format
NikonCoolpix S9050 - just lists as Quick Time Movie
JVC GZ-V500BU - lists as AVCHD
Sony HDR-CX220 - AVCHD
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19 - MP4

Here's some details. If I use My Computer to view files and right click on a video file and then click OPEN WITH, it does not give me a choice of Videowave. Further, if I open Videoaave and select the files in the media tab and go to the location I know for sure the files are, they do not show up in the media window.

I have used Videowave a lot, but it's been a while and I can't remember what formats I edited. However, if I recall correctly, all of the above listed formats are purportedly supported. What's really puzzling is that My Computer indicates Videowave is not a program that can open the files.

Could it be Videowave is corrupt, or am I not understanding something???

Many thanks!!!

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

You could run a repair and see?

These are required for some functionality, QuickTime® player version 7 and iTunes® version 10 required for some functionality.

Some run the file through a video converter as the same input output and Videowave accepts them.

My Cannon Power Shot .mov file has no audio when I import it into Videowave and I use the video converter route.

If it still won't work for you post some small samples on a file hosting site so we can download them and poke them with a stick.
  • tangle likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 tangle

tangle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

Thanks!

I hate to have to ask, but, how do I run a repair???

I forgot to mention, I tried using the Copy and Convert Video, the conversion was kinda slow but did produce a file and Videowave wouldn't open the converted file either???

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

If you have a installation disc put it in a drive and run it when repair is offered choose it reboot when done.

Of course all programs including antivirus and firewall terminated.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#5 MarcoColumbus

MarcoColumbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:52 AM

Try repairing your MOV/MP4 files using a repair software. Watch this video to find out more - Removed Spam

Edited by sknis, 24 September 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

MarcoColumbus, the problem is not choppy video, it is that the program doesn't recognize the videos. A whole different issue.

There are FREE video format converters that are available. The repair tool video is a pay for program.that doesn't address the key issue and was therefore removed.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users