6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnLDL

JohnLDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hi there,

hopefully someone in the Roxio forum community will be able to shed some light on this issue I have.
When I try to install Roxio Creator NXT2 on a Windows 7 enterprise build I get a 0652 error saying cannot install. Having looked around this seems to be a possible anti-virus issue.
We have McAfee installed on our builds and this cannot be removed or disabled as far as I am aware. i have tried to installed on a internet connection that bypasses our servers with a direct line out and I get the 6052 error.
Does anyone have any other ways of installing and registering this product?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by JohnLDL, 06 October 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#2 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,016 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

Doesn't McAfee have an option to disable it for a short time ?I know Norton does.

#3 JohnLDL

JohnLDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

Unfortunatly not the version that we run within our business.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,390 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

If you bought the corporate edition, don't you have a direct telephone line to support?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#5 JohnLDL

JohnLDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Well you would think that the project manager who made the purchase would have bought the corporate/enterprise edition we would have, plus the benefit of off-line activition as well. But they didnt and am stuck trying to find a way to install this through our systems/pre-configured build.

#6 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

John, I think you're going to have to go to your corporate IT group and have them either do the installation (where they can log in as an administrator and disable MacAfee) or give you a way to do it. We have similar restrictions where I work. Fortunately, I have reason to get Admin Privileges on my PC(s), but even with that, I can't disable the corporate anti-virus.
  • JohnLDL likes this

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#7 JohnLDL

JohnLDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

Thanks d_dewey, The network team have added various rules to the firewall to allow the programe through for activation but it kept coming back with "Can't connect to internet" error. Then when using an external internat connection i got the 0652 error. Our secutity team are usually very dismissive of any attempt of turning off any part of anti-virus console for any machine for any length of time. I have been trying to find another way aroung this before I approach them again to look at this for me.
Once again, thanks for the help everyone. Any further info would be a great help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users