doggie35

Same Features As Easy Cd Creator 5

What current software has the same (or similar) features as Easy CD Creator 5. I want to transfer records and tapes to .wav files for burning to CD. Easy D Creator 5 had "Spin Doctor", which would reduce pops and clicks from records and eliminate tape hiss, and did a decent job of both. Anyone have any recommendations?

What current software has the same (or similar) features as Easy CD Creator 5. I want to transfer records and tapes to .wav files for burning to CD. Easy D Creator 5 had "Spin Doctor", which would reduce pops and clicks from records and eliminate tape hiss, and did a decent job of both. Anyone have any recommendations?

Take a look at Record Now Music Lab You will have to use your audio card to capture the music. If yoiu don;t have a compatible audio card, consider Easy LP to Mp3. If you ever plan on doing any capture from video sources, then Easy VHS to DVD 3 s the one. For the ca $10 difference in the last 2, buy the "Easy DVD to DVD"

What is wrong with what you have now?

Edited by sknis

There is nothing wrong with what I have now, but it won't work with Windows 7.

You are probably correct. If you have Windows 7, the problem is with that OS. Use the software with Windows XP. ;)

I was using it with Windows XP, but that computer died. I can't get parts to getting it going again. I have a Windows XP "virtual computer" on my Windows 7 computer, but the program won't recognize the sound card. Believe me, if I could find any way of getting Easy CD Creator 5 to work, that would be my preference.

I would not hesitate to buy a newer version of Roxio, if I knew exactly what these "more versatile" features were. When I ask Roxio about their specific features for recording from records or tapes, they refer me to a website description that says certain of their software will do it. When I ask if this software has features to remove (or reduce) clicks, pops and scratches from records, and remove tape hiss, my question goes unanswered. In what specific ways is the new software "more versatile"? And don't ell me that it processes videos, edits photos, etc., as those features are of no interest to me and have nothing to do with transferring records and tapes to CDs.

This is from the blurb on Easy LP to CD

Enhance

Remove clicks, pops, hissing and other unwanted noise Add special effects (fade-in/out, digital hall and more) Enhance with 10-channel graphic equalizer