1 reply to this topic

#1 MackemMan

MackemMan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

I have just installed my new Creator NX2 to replace EMC10.

I loaded about 100 photos to create a Slideshow. I clicked Pan & Zoom, set the Duration to 7 seconds, & set up Dissolve transition. The preview looked great so I then selected Edit in VideoWave.

In VideoWave I added a movie (in MOV format & lasting about 30 minutes) and then added some music to support the photos. The preview in VideoWave looked even better so I transferred the production to MyDVD.

I watched as the DVD was being produced & everything seemed to be going well.

When I played back the completed DVD I started to get problems. The first few photos & the movie were fine but then a picture appeared with a large black square in the middle - covering about half of the area of the screen. Then the screen went totally blank & the music stopped. A few seconds later normal service was resumed, but only for a short while because the problem came back, and again.

I have done some checks as best I can. A short movie with about 60 photos with music (and transition etc) worked fine.But when I added a short (AVI) movie in the middle of the photos the dreaded black square reappeared.

I have a DVD played connected to my television & there was no difference to when the DVDs were played on my PC (Dell XPS running Windows Vista).

Can anyone help please?

#2 MackemMan

MackemMan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

Have spent a day faffing around with my DVD problem & now have got a bit closer to what has gone wrong. Note I do not know why or how to fix it!

Some of these comments probably contradict in places what I wrote above.

I loaded about 100 photos to create a Slideshow. I clicked Pan & Zoom, set the Duration to 7 seconds, & set up Dissolve transition. The preview looked great so I then selected Edit in VideoWave.

In VideoWave I added a MOV file & music & the preview was correct - as I wanted it.

I copied the project to MyDvd & previewed what I was going to burn. Again the result was what I expected.

I selected Burn & studied the screen as the DVD was being written. However the screen showed that I was losing pictures. The screen went blank several times but the music continued to play.

This was confirmed when the burn was complete & I loaded my DVD. The blanks were in the final version..

I tried again, but this time I loaded a file that I had reformatted from MOV to MPEG-4. The DVD I produced was just as I wanted it - except the quality of the movie was not as good as the quality of the MOV file.

In a nutshell - My MOV file was processed in MyDvd & gives a high quality result, but Is there a problem in MyDvd with MOV files which has caused the errors to occur?

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users