tdexterssr

Roxio creator 9 buffer over run

Question

have used all prior version of roxio creator with good sucess. have installed creator 9 over 5 times with same result. message says buffer overrun detected ...will shut down. I removed all prior versions of creator with no luck. Did registry clean up with no help. Any one else havin this problem. any idea out there rthat could help me. Ted in Carolina.

6 answers to this question

have used all prior version of roxio creator with good sucess. have installed creator 9 over 5 times with same result. message says buffer overrun detected ...will shut down. I removed all prior versions of creator with no luck. Did registry clean up with no help. Any one else havin this problem. any idea out there rthat could help me. Ted in Carolina.
There are a whole bunch of posts related to buffer overrun errors, and some posts pinned to the top of boards with solutions/workarounds. Most are related to having IE 7 or Vista installed. Do you have either one on your system?

If you haven't done what ivanatrox suggested and you are still experiencing the buffer overrun eror message, there is now a patch online.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by malatekid

If you haven't done what ivanatrox suggested and you are still experiencing the buffer overrun eror message, there is now a patch online.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks to your advise, *I downloaded the patch and the problem is gone.. i really appreciated you help. Ted

if you contact support on the phone for buffer overrun error, it could be resolved over the phone fairly quickly...

Thanks , I did that and also got the message about the patch. Really apperciate your help. Ted

There are a whole bunch of posts related to buffer overrun errors, and some posts pinned to the top of boards with solutions/workarounds. Most are related to having IE 7 or Vista installed. Do you have either one on your system?

larry, downloaded the patch and problem was fixed. thanks for your advise. ted

Thanks to your advise, *I downloaded the patch and the problem is gone.. i really appreciated you help. Ted

Thanks , I did that and also got the message about the patch. Really apperciate your help. Ted

larry, downloaded the patch and problem was fixed. thanks for your advise. ted

Good to hear you got it resolved :) Thanks for letting everyone know.

I am now experiencing the following message:-

Buffer overrun detected, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. It quotes Central33.exe and RoxWatchTray9.exe

I have tried to find the patch mentioned but failed to do so.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the software - no difference

I would really appreciate some help in simple language as not particularly computer literate. Many thanks.