• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trisha_R

Trisha_R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

How do you Trim and Split the Videos using the VHS to DVD program?!?!?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,301 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

How do you Trim and Split the Videos using the VHS to DVD program?!?!?

Use this and the little question marks in the program. I entered this large since I figured that you have a vision problem or were you only yelling at the people who would be giving you free help?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 presleyoung

presleyoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

I have been trying to remove unwanted trims and usually do but I don't know how to even though I have I would like to know how to do it right each time. Can someone please help me? Thanks

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

I have been trying to remove unwanted trims and usually do but I don't know how to even though I have I would like to know how to do it right each time. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Take a look at the post HERE.

#5 TerryB6

TerryB6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:43 AM

During my first use of this product, I somehow managed to record 5 hours of a 6 hour tape (ended up cutting off the last hour as it was some crap I didn't want recorded).  The tape consists of 5 one hour documentary programs I recorded and I would like to separate them into individual files for later burning to DVDs.  So far I have managed to set trim markers between each program segment but I'm not sure if or how to save each segment as a separate file.  Can anyone help with this or is this the wrong product to do this?  I have a number of similar tapes to which I want to do the same thing.  A few others I tried to record stopped after the apparent 3 hour limit to continuous recording.  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

Do a Save As and call it Master Project.

Load the Master and Save As Hour 5. Then delete the 4 splits before it... SAVE.

Load the Master and Save As Hour 4. Then delete the 3 splits before the 4th one as well as the last split... SAVE

etc.

Be careful (I would make a copy of the Master in another location) and you will have one Project for each hour plus your Master. Burn away ;)

Now there is one other way... The Pro version has a check box in the Export As part that allows you to Split the project over multiple DVD's. After you select it, you can pick the actual split points you want to use and when you burn it will prompt you for the next disc.

I have had issues with long projects, 3 hour, so I don't know how it would behave on a 5 hour project.

Let us know how you make out -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users