• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hi

Advice sought on changing profile details please.

I set up my account on 15 October 2014 and was surprised to notice a photograph of me against my name when, as far as I can recall, I had not had time to uploaded one. I thought at first it was one I had on my Google account but that one is slightly different. Where did the Forum's system pick it up from?

Also, I can not find whereabouts to edit my profile details. I know it's not too important but I feel it's more polite to at least be able to state your country and gender.

Regards

Rick

p.s. is it possible to get one's postings reflect the correct date & time of the country they are in? I have just posted this and it's showing 07:56 instead of 15:56 (GMT).

Edited by Baldrick

11 answers to this question

You will find everything here.

You posted the pic no one else did!

post-97-0-25632100-1414426006_thumb.jpg

Of course the photo could only have been posted by me! But I currently do not even know where that photo now is to be able to have posted it in this Forum during the past 12 days of membership!

Anyhow, I believe it's been picked it from www.wordpress.com which I find surprising (maybe there's something in the small print).

However, the photo was only one part of the purpose of this post.

Anyhow, I believe it's been picked it from www.wordpress.com which I find surprising (maybe there's something in the small print).

Wrong, do you want me to edit your profile and delete the pic?

no thanks - I'd like to make any amendments myself

p.s. if you know where the pic came from why don't you say?

p.p.s. I've managed get my Time Zone correct by changing it from GMT to something else, saving, then back to GMT again. There is also Location field which I missed initially. Still no idea how the pic got here but I've found it amongst the photos at the Glastonbury Festival in 2009.

Edited by Baldrick

no thanks - I'd like to make any amendments myself

p.s. if you know where the pic came from why don't you say?

You posted the photo into your profile at some point.

You can reach the time settings under my Settings as shown in post #2

Do you use Gravatar? I noticed that there is a new options in the photo settings to use one of those. images. Perhaps it picked it up from there or something associated with that service. If you use that service, let us know..

Do you use Gravatar? I noticed that there is a new options in the photo settings to use one of those. images. Perhaps it picked it up from there or something associated with that service. If you use that service, let us know..

Baldrick himself would have to check that box for Gravatar to work here!

Of course the photo could only have been posted by me! But I currently do not even know where that photo now is to be able to have posted it in this Forum during the past 12 days of membership!

post-97-0-09347000-1414431453_thumb.jpg

You posted the photo into your profile at some point.

You can reach the time settings under my Settings as shown in post #2

I can't see how I could have done. I've only been on this site for 12 days. And until earlier today couldn't remember where that profile pic was stored.

I hadn't heard of that service before but when I type my email address into http://aruljohn.com/gravatar/ my profile pic appears. Maybe that is the reason for it.

Do you use Gravatar?

It seems I do folks. So I'll close this with a different profile pic which I changed from Wordpress where your photo is managed using the Gravatar service.

cheers :)