• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

I get a bubble warning that my screen resolution is set too low, and I can't start the Edit program. It is not set too low, as it is set to the max within my graphics card and Windows 7Pro.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

What is that setting?

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

1920 X 1080

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Make sure your Windows font is set to 96 dpi.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#5 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Thanks! That got me into the Edit program.

Now I can't seem to make a simple copy of a DVD!
Given the whole computer is a few days old, it may be a hardware problem.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thanks! That got me into the Edit program.

Now I can't seem to make a simple copy of a DVD!
Given the whole computer is a few days old, it may be a hardware problem.

The edit program Videowave doesn't author DVD's My DVD does.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

Yep, I know that. The program on the Home screen simply says "Copy Disc" which is all I wanted to do.
I have the latest DVD burners but it won't recognize a new blank disc in either direction.

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yep, I know that. The program on the Home screen simply says "Copy Disc" which is all I wanted to do.
I have the latest DVD burners but it won't recognize a new blank disc in either direction.

What disc are you trying to copy?

Does windows see your drives in my computer?

Does any Roxio application see your drives?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#9 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

A simple disc I have copied before.

Yes, Computer sees all my drives. I have both a Blueray-capable and a regular DVD burner, a large SSD C drive, and two 2TB data drives.

The Roxio programs see all drives. The Disc Copy will not accept a blank DVD+R disc, it just asks for a new blank disc no matter which direction I try to copy.

Yes, both optical drives are working with other software.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

Let me guess, you have a 64 bit operating system and your computer comes from a big box store like HP or a Dell?

cd

Spoiler

#11 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

Nope.

I have sourced every part and built this one myself, and it works well.

Both optical drives are accessed by the Disc Copy program, but even when I stay with the same drive it will not recognize any new blank disc to start the burn.

I even went to regedit just now and deleted upper and lower filters as recommended by various W7 fix-it sites. No joy.

#12 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

ReEntryRacer,

Do you have a 64-bit Windows on your machine? You didn't confirm that part.

Did deleting the upper/lower filters keys make Creator lose sight of the drives? The upper/lower filters in that particular registry key are Windows' way of connecting to and seeing the drives. Deleting defective keys forces Windows to reconstruct them the next time you boot.

That's a good way to make Windows see your drives if it has lost them. However when you install Creator it adds its own filter [PXHelp] to that key so that Creator too can see the drive(s). If you delete your upper/lower filters keys you'll also delete the Creator filter, and Creator will lose the drives.

Creator's filter can be restored either by completely reinstalling Creator, or by doing CDanteek's PX Engine Fix here. Please read his post carefully, and follow it to the letter.

Regards,
Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#13 ReEntryRacer

ReEntryRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

I do have a 64-bit version of W7 Pro.

I'm about to uninstall Creator.
Will start over and advise what happens!

Thanks to all,
Larry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users