Sign in to follow this  
jiggy1965

Progress Window Goes Blank

Question

Toast 8 still seems to be working fine on Yosemite. Only thing that annoys me is that the burning progress window and 'about toast 8 titanium' window goes blank. Is there any way to fix that? I'd rather not have to buy a new version again.

If I'm forced to buy the latest version: I don't no whether I can buy the upgrade version instead of the full version. It says that I can buy the upgrade version if I own an old version of Toast. But I'm unsure whether or not Toast 8 is too old. As the support upgrades start from Toast 9.

2 answers to this question

Toast 8 still seems to be working fine on Yosemite. Only thing that annoys me is that the burning progress window and 'about toast 8 titanium' window goes blank. Is there any way to fix that? I'd rather not have to buy a new version again.

If I'm forced to buy the latest version: I don't no whether I can buy the upgrade version instead of the full version. It says that I can buy the upgrade version if I own an old version of Toast. But I'm unsure whether or not Toast 8 is too old. As the support upgrades start from Toast 9.

I have no clue about fixing your issue with Toast 8. You should be able to get the upgrade price. Also, get on Roxio's email list because they often have sales. Roxio says they are working on an update to Toast 12 for Yosemite. They don't say what in Toast 12 isn't working in Yosemite. There also are Toast DVD and Toast Burn in the Mac App stores

The blank progress window is my experience as well. Other than that, Toast 8 seems to be working on Yosemite, even transcoding video files for DVD, and audio files for AIFF audio CDs.

I hope Roxio gets TT12 sorted, as the only other option is Apple's no longer available iDVD, which works with Yosemite, but is very, very slow encoding.

The App Store ratings for Toast DVD and Toast Burn are not very good, and why have two apps when one can do the job?

Edited by spacepiggy