Question

I'm going to connect my ps3 to roxio game cap HD PRO using component cables but is it possible to connect roxio game cap HD pro to PC Moniter using HDMI to VGA

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10ft-3M-HDMI-Male-to-VGA-Male-Adapter-Cable-Converter-Lead-For-PC-TV-Out-/371018096431?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item566266df2f

3 answers to this question

Yes BUT... It can be very hit or miss :huh:

For example the cable you list will never work! In fact NO cable will ever work!

You have to have some electronics in between there to convert the signal and that requires external power.

The HDMI output of the RGC device adds HDCP Code. This has tripped up more than one monitor/TV that is not HDCP compliant.

Being in the UK might introduce other issues I am not aware of... Go to an electronics shop and tell them what you have (hdmi with hdcp) and what you want (vga) and take note of what they recommend ;)

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Yes BUT... It can be very hit or miss :huh:

For example the cable you list will never work! In fact NO cable will ever work!

You have to have some electronics in between there to convert the signal and that requires external power.

The HDMI output of the RGC device adds HDCP Code.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

So your saying the HDMI output adds a HDCP code. could list me any electronics that would work because the computer/electronic shops near my house are owned by bangali's sooo...........