Roxio Community

Photo

How To Fix Or Improve Halting/ Garbled Audio?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

My video has 4 sound tracks.
I turned off /muted the Native track.
I have the background Music track and it works just great.
The Narration track is also cristp and clear.
On the Sfx / Sound Effect track I placed a short reading of a text. The original mp3 of the reading is sharp and clear.
But in my video production the speech comes out kind of choppy and halting, like it is getting hung up. Not all of it. It runs about 28 seconds.
The initial part and the end and where the voice does not come out sharp and clear. The worst part is the first 5 seconds.

What can I do to correct this problem?

Thank you ahead of time for helping me with this! :)

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Put it into a New Project with only a blank color panel in the Video Track or a still picture. (streach both out so your audio file will match)

How doe it sound there???

#3 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

I did what you said and I still have the same problem. The first few seconds of the audio sound "herky, jerky" kind of like going down a bumpy road, and then it clears up.

But when I play the same mp3 in my Windows Media Player the audio is perfect.

I'll attach the audio file below.

Attached Files

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

How about other mp3s you might have about?

(don't have time to dive in on this at the moment ~ file sounds/looks ok to me)

#5 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

As I said my problem is:
In my video production on the Sfx / Sound Effect track I placed a short reading of a text. The original mp3 of the reading is sharp and clear.
But in my video production the speech comes out kind of choppy and halting, like it is getting hung up. Not all of it. It runs about 28 seconds.
The initial part and the end and where the voice does not come out sharp and clear. The worst part is the first 5 seconds.

What can I do to correct this problem? How can I make the audio normal: sharp and clear?
I tried clicking on "normalize audio" when I exported the file but that did not help.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

Are you talking about a preview of the project or a finished video file from the project?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#7 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Both in VideoWave and in my final product when I view the video either here on the computer or on the television I get the same problem with that small portion of the audio.
As I said in the beginning:
My production has:
I have the background Music track and it works just great.
The Narration track is also crisp and clear.
On the Sfx / Sound Effect track I placed a short reading of a text. (The original mp3 of the reading is sharp and clear. When played on another device.)
However in my video production the speech from this short reading, comes out kind of choppy and halting, like it is getting hung up. This happens just for a few seconds, when this part of the audio begins and then it gets better.
What can I do?

#8 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

If you would like to actually hear the problem it occurs about 10 seconds into my video at:

The rest of the audio is just great.

Edited by zinck, 01 December 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#9 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,256 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

Try converting your mp3 file into a wav file and using that in your production instead.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL / Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

That might help, you computer is having issues using two different codecs. There is (was) a kb article on this years ago but I can't find it now.

Also double check you audio files to make sure that one isn't overdriving your sound device.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#11 zinck

zinck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

The music background is an mp3 and works just fine. But I suppose I could try coverting to a wav file.

I don't understand why most of the file that is giving trouble is very clear. I primarily have trouble with the first 2 or 3 seconds.

I did not understand this statement: "Also double check you audio files to make sure that one isn't overdriving your sound device. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users