Sign in to follow this  
cooljoe

Can I Burn A Blu Rays Movie Backup Using Popcorn And Makemkv?

Question

I want to back up my Blu Ray movies and I downloaded MakeMKV and I have popcorn 4.2. I bought a pioneer burner And bought 25 blank Ridata blu Ray discs.

Can I make a 1;1 copy of my blu Ray movies with these softwares. i use a Mac.

I know toast 12 might work but at over 100 dollars, is a little steep.

Is a option -to upgrade to toast 11 and be able to burn blu Rays in a more affordable manner.

What are my options?

4 answers to this question

I don't know how to make copies of commercial Blu-ray movies. If I did I couldn't discuss it here according to Roxio's forum rules. Popcorn is old software and predates Blu-ray so I very much doubt it could copy even home-made Blu-ray movie discs. Toast 11 & 12 can copy home-made Blu-ray discs but not commercial discs. To make a new Blu-ray video disc from your own videos you'll also need the Toast Blu-ray plugin, although Toast 12 can burn Blu-ray format videos to regular DVD media without the plugin. That works for shorter videos that don't take up to much space.

Is the plug in free or does it cost money and how much?

The Blu-ray plugin is included with Toast Pro or an extra $20 if you buy the standard version of Toast. If you get on Roxio's email list they send promotions for significant discounts on Toast, both regular & Pro.