bjkjensen

Mydvd Burning Issues

Question

DVD recorder is recognized by program but when burn process starts and shows that it is processing there is no light on my disc recorder and when the process is complete there is nothing on the disc. Using a Samsung laptop, Intel processor i7-3635QM CPU @2.40 GHz 8 GB ram, 64-bit, Windows 8.1; Memorex 8X DVD multi-format Recorder External. I made an iso image of the project but after 2 hours, it said it had a formatting error. I have not tried to burn the iso file to the disc. I have made multi-slide show projects in the past but never with this particular computer. Slideshows were made in Videowave. I tried to burn a single slide show and got the same results (ie. nothing on the disc).

post-122171-0-54486200-1417905514_thumb.png

9 answers to this question

Why not try 2 SMALL test files... Limit it to 5 minutes or so.

Do one as an ISO

Do the other as a Folder Set

What happens?

If you had a DVD RW you could burn them to disc as well ;)

Well, now I am getting a totally different error.....8004520C error while decoding movie. This happened when trying to burn a small project and again while trying to make a Folder Set. I have never done a Folder Set. What can I do with it after I have a folder set????

I would go one more step...

Turn off your AV and any firewall.

Insert your Roxio Disc and as the install progresses, choose Repair when it is offered.

Firewalls and AV back on - Reboot!

there is no light on my disc recorder and when the process is complete there is nothing on the disc. Memorex 8X DVD multi-format Recorder External.

Are you sure the burner is working?

Can you take it to another PC and see?

Edited by cdanteek

cdanteek - yes burner is working correctly. I dragged the project file to the burner; it burned all the project instructions but not the actual project.

Jim_Hardin - What is AV? I am not a geek and don't understand that term. Did not install the Roxio program from a disc but have the file downloaded on computer. Are you saying to re-install the software program?

I do have the individual "video" files in another format, mp4; which I could probably burn to cd with Windows8; BUT I want the Roxio MyDVD project to work!!!

I dragged the project file to the burner; it burned all the project instructions but not the actual project.

Now that statement you need to explain in detail!

AV stands for antivirus.

Run the download .exe and when repir is offered run it then re-boot the PC.

Yes you made a copy of text file onto a disk... DVD-AVCHD-BD Movies Must Be Authored to a disc!!!

They are not just files slapped onto a disc.

Your Plan A should work!

My Plan B (iso or folder) will work as well BUT there are more steps and they are specific!

Do the Repair and things should work again ;)