• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bjkjensen

bjkjensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

DVD recorder is recognized by program but when burn process starts and shows that it is processing there is no light on my disc recorder and when the process is complete there is nothing on the disc. Using a Samsung laptop, Intel processor i7-3635QM CPU @2.40 GHz 8 GB ram, 64-bit, Windows 8.1; Memorex 8X DVD multi-format Recorder External. I made an iso image of the project but after 2 hours, it said it had a formatting error. I have not tried to burn the iso file to the disc. I have made multi-slide show projects in the past but never with this particular computer. Slideshows were made in Videowave. I tried to burn a single slide show and got the same results (ie. nothing on the disc).

Attached Files

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

Why not try 2 SMALL test files... Limit it to 5 minutes or so.

Do one as an ISO

Do the other as a Folder Set

What happens?

If you had a DVD RW you could burn them to disc as well ;)

#3 bjkjensen

bjkjensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

Digital Guru, I did try to run a smaller file....got the same results; nothing on disc.

#4 bjkjensen

bjkjensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

Well, now I am getting a totally different error.....8004520C error while decoding movie. This happened when trying to burn a small project and again while trying to make a Folder Set. I have never done a Folder Set. What can I do with it after I have a folder set????

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

Are you sure it said that error while DEcoding movie or did it say ENcoding movie?

Read this (link).

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:57 AM

I would go one more step...

Turn off your AV and any firewall.

Insert your Roxio Disc and as the install progresses, choose Repair when it is offered.

Firewalls and AV back on - Reboot!

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,963 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

there is no light on my disc recorder and when the process is complete there is nothing on the disc. Memorex 8X DVD multi-format Recorder External.

Are you sure the burner is working?

Can you take it to another PC and see?

Edited by cdanteek, 09 December 2014 - 05:37 AM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#8 bjkjensen

bjkjensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

cdanteek - yes burner is working correctly. I dragged the project file to the burner; it burned all the project instructions but not the actual project.
Jim_Hardin - What is AV? I am not a geek and don't understand that term. Did not install the Roxio program from a disc but have the file downloaded on computer. Are you saying to re-install the software program?
I do have the individual "video" files in another format, mp4; which I could probably burn to cd with Windows8; BUT I want the Roxio MyDVD project to work!!!

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,963 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I dragged the project file to the burner; it burned all the project instructions but not the actual project.

Now that statement you need to explain in detail!

AV stands for antivirus.

Run the download .exe and when repir is offered run it then re-boot the PC.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

Yes you made a copy of text file onto a disk... DVD-AVCHD-BD Movies Must Be Authored to a disc!!!

They are not just files slapped onto a disc.

Your Plan A should work!

My Plan B (iso or folder) will work as well BUT there are more steps and they are specific!

Do the Repair and things should work again ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users