Roll6

Creator Nxt 2 Can't Capture Youtube Internet Video

Question

Thank you in advance for any assistance, I tried the online tech support ROXIO offers and the system times out after 30minutes of waiting I get a message "waiting for agent..."

Any way when I got to capture video from YouTube, I tap Web Video then a message box pops up saying "LAUNCH YOUR BROWSER TO START VIEWING VIDEO..." So I launch. Browser and I still getting the same message: "Launch your browser..."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Josh

9 answers to this question

Also I have it installed on an ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP... I can provide more info on the laptop specifics if this would help?

Josh, That function hasn't worked in earlier versions so I would not expect it to work for this version. There are alternatives. I like to use the free version of "Any Video Converter" to capture the videos. It seems to work on a lot of them. Remember that not all videos are downloadable.

• Like 1

Nothing that you are doing is wrong, it just doesn't work right '

In NXT 3 they replaced it with a program that does work....

There are plenty of programs out there that do work. Look around and see what you can use.

• Like 1

Thank you for the help Sknis and Jim... but its so strange that the box cover clearly states that it will work, kinda like fake advertising that made me sock 100 bucks into buying it. I will check out "Any Video Converter",

I will also consider NXT3 but I just bought NXT2 last week :-)

Does NXT2 have the green screen function in the video editor? I thought I saw a tutorial video that said it did... but its not to clear to me.

thanks

j

Thank you for the help Sknis and Jim... but its so strange that the box cover clearly states that it will work, kinda like fake advertising that made me sock 100 bucks into buying it. I will check out "Any Video Converter",

I will also consider NXT3 but I just bought NXT2 last week :-)

If you biught it from Roxio/Corel, remember that they have a 30 day return policy. If you bought it elsewhere and explain the issue, then they may accept it back. I even had Fry's (US) accept back a program because it didn't work. I took some documentation with me.

I would sure consider swap...

We joke that Roxio removes the good stuff from each new version, but I don't see anything lost in NXT3 that I will miss and the Screen Capture really works :lol:

post-39730-0-92700500-1419083063_thumb.jpg

I would sure consider swap...

We joke that Roxio removes the good stuff from each new version, but I don't see anything lost in NXT3 that I will miss and the Screen Capture really works :lol:

Roxio Creator 2012 was the last version before Corel took over Roxio. :o

Some of us feel moving forward Nxt, Nxt2, Nxt3, had parts removed from Creator 2012 that shouldn't of been removed. :(

FYI the Screen Capture in Roxio Creator 2012 is as worthless as Nxt & Nxt2! :D

Does NXT2 have the green screen function in the video editor? I thought I saw a tutorial video that said it did... but its not to clear to me.

thanks

j

Yes it has the green screen possibility. Go to the last tab on the Home page to select "Learning Center". Select Video- Movies. There is a discussion of green screen there.

As you may know, green screen is very tricky. The green screen (or other color) need to be one color with no shadows caused by wrinkles or by lighting., hot spots, etc. or it does not look the way you think it should. Sometimes there are other ways of getting the effect you want. Can you give us more detail?