awesome_Service

what is Roxio Content 9?

Question

I bought Roxio online to complete something that was to be delivered urgently. (I am not multimedia expert) My saga started with 2 failed and incomplete downloads ...never heard of broken download since old netscape days.

So, finally, i have two zip (.exe) files ...first one was software i purchase and i dont know what the other zip file is, would have been nice for ROXIO to include a simple README file with one like description. duh!

EMC (Easy Media Creator) installed after some initial struggle... i realized it does not want to be installed on 'D' drive or rather any location other than what ROXIO product management folks decided. My expectations from this product went down at that moment... i was happy with my $9 version i had bought from ebay couple of years back.

But for now, can someone tell me what what is ROXIO CONTENT? Do i need it? Product name is not obvious enough...

sorry for exhaling, but i needed a spot to vent after i phone support, ROXANN etc. let me down.

3 answers to this question

I bought Roxio online to complete something that was to be delivered urgently. (I am not multimedia expert) My saga started with 2 failed and incomplete downloads ...never heard of broken download since old netscape days.

So, finally, i have two zip (.exe) files ...first one was software i purchase and i dont know what the other zip file is, would have been nice for ROXIO to include a simple README file with one like description. duh!

EMC (Easy Media Creator) installed after some initial struggle... i realized it does not want to be installed on 'D' drive or rather any location other than what ROXIO product management folks decided. My expectations from this product went down at that moment... i was happy with my $9 version i had bought from ebay couple of years back.

But for now, can someone tell me what what is ROXIO CONTENT? Do i need it? Product name is not obvious enough...

sorry for exhaling, but i needed a spot to vent after i phone support, ROXANN etc. let me down.

The Content disk has the transitions, templates, and many other things needed for video work. You should install it.

Also, back up those downloaded files to CD's or a DVD, in case you have to install it again, for whatever reason.

Edited by grandpabruce

The second zip file is the content disc.You would install it after the program and the machine has been rebooted.You don't have to install it if you don't want to.It's extra styles,backgrounds,etc...