Question

I've just produced my first video with Creator NXT 3.

When I burn the video to DVD, it automatically loops (starts over) when it reaches the end.

How do I prevent automatic looping of videos when burned to DVD?

Can't find any reference to this in Help or Knowledge Base.

Suggestions?

11 answers to this question

We need a bit more information...

Exactly to where is it looping? Does it go back to the main menu? Does it replay the same video? How many titles on that DVD?

Did you set the play order when you created the DVD?

Of course you may also have set your DVD player to loop which of course can't be controlled by the DVD you created.

Thanks for your comments.

There is only one short video on the DVD. So no play order.

It loops back to the beginning of the video and plays it over....like its running at a kiosk or something.

It acts the same on all TVs and on all computers. It is the only video that I have that does this and It Is the only video I've produced to date using new Roxio NXT 3 software.

When burning to disk, I opted NOT to have menus...so when its inserted in the TV DVD slot, it begins playing immediately.

Thanks!

It loops back to the beginning of the video and plays it over....like its running at a kiosk or something.

It acts the same on all TVs and on all computers. It is the only video that I have that does this and It Is the only video I've produced to date using new Roxio NXT 3 software.

When burning to disk, I opted NOT to have menus...so when its inserted in the TV DVD slot, it begins playing immediately.

Thanks!

It will also loop, if you use the DVD - No menu option.

Thanks!

As Bruce said if you create a DVD with no menu it will loop.

You can of course disable looping on your DVD player.

It seems that Roxio Creator NXT 3 is not fully functional.

There needs to be a way to choose between automatic replay and simply ending the video when the no menu option is chosen.

There needs to be a way to choose between automatic replay and simply ending the video when the no menu option is chosen.

Send your request to Roxio, then. The software is fully functional, the way it is, and it has been this way since the Easy Media Creator 9 version. It loops, if you pick the DVD - No Menus option.

Actually that is dictated by the DVD specs that the group that decides those things came up with. It has nothing to do with the Roxio [or any other DVD authoring software]. A DVD, properly authored, that does not contain menus will continuously loop the title as you've discovered.

All....thanks for the explanations on video looping....they are helpful.

I've just added a title menu (root menu?) to my short video to see if this changes the looping feature. It does not. Looping still occurs back to the start of the video. It does NOT return to the main (title) menu, which I thought would be the case.

[i've also turned off the 'continuous play/repeat' feature on the two TVs that I use to test this video on....it doesn't change the way this video plays.]

Any further suggestions?

All....thanks for the explanations on video looping....they are helpful.

I've just added a title menu (root menu?) to my short video to see if this changes the looping feature. It does not. Looping still occurs back to the start of the video. It does NOT return to the main (title) menu, which I thought would be the case.

[i've also turned off the 'continuous play/repeat' feature on the two TVs that I use to test this video on....it doesn't change the way this video plays.]

Any further suggestions?

Did you set the "Return to Main Menu" option when you created the DVD?

Ted you need to post a screen cap or two of your project so we can see things like settings etc.

HERE is a post on how to do pics here ;)

We all get the the 'don't loop' requirement, but it would be handy if you would spell out how you intend to use this video as there may be another way to get there ;)