Roxio Community

Photo

Tough Fix Lagging Problems, Please Help.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 freakgamer

freakgamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

I've been using Roxio Game capture for almost a year now, and have been flushed with a long series of problems since use, so I've gotten quite used to coming on the forums and looking for fixes to these issues. Until now I've never had to actually post a problem because usually I can find a fix somewhere, but this time nothing seems to work. I keep getting lagging issues when capturing and noticeable frame rate drops; I've tried playing with the settings, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing about 4 times now, I've tried cleaning out my pc in case it was the issue, but my pc is working fine, my pc can run the capture and it has been for almost a year with fixable issues and over 50 captures taken without lag(a few other captures have lag issues, but they were fixed and not counted in the 50 without lag), I've tried switching between xbox 360 and ps3 in case it was an issue with the video game system settings, but after all this it's nothing but lag. Please help me roxio forums, you're my only hope.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:27 AM

For clarity, 'lag' is usually thought of as the play in the Preview Pane being behind the play in the Monitor...

Dropping frames or slow speed recordings are completely different!

Nothing can be done about 'lag' all cards, external as well as internal, have some.

Dropped frames & slow speeds are performance issues and we can usually address that!

Looks like you already tested for HDMI vs Component. ~ sometimes the picture adjustments you might make in Component could be a cause.

I would suspect a recent update in the PC...

And along those lines, Video Card (software or drivers) are the most likely culprit!

Another runner up is HDD free space. The gamecap needs 6.5 GB/Hr and your HDD must have plenty of free, un-fragmented, space to put that mass of data away in!

Posting your PC specs would be of interest too.

Let us know what you find ;)
Posted Image

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

I've been using Roxio Game capture for almost a year now, and have been flushed with a long series of problems since use, so I've gotten quite used to coming on the forums and looking for fixes to these issues. Until now I've never had to actually post a problem because usually I can find a fix somewhere, but this time nothing seems to work. I keep getting lagging issues when capturing and noticeable frame rate drops; I've tried playing with the settings, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing about 4 times now, I've tried cleaning out my pc in case it was the issue, but my pc is working fine, my pc can run the capture and it has been for almost a year with fixable issues and over 50 captures taken without lag(a few other captures have lag issues, but they were fixed and not counted in the 50 without lag), I've tried switching between xbox 360 and ps3 in case it was an issue with the video game system settings, but after all this it's nothing but lag. Please help me roxio forums, you're my only hope.

What program do you really have? You posted in the "PC Game Capture" forum which is meant for users with the PC Game Capture program but you state you have an Xbox360 and PS3 which requires a different program. So clearly state what program you are using and your thread will be moved to the correct forum

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Good point Walt :lol:
Posted Image

#5 MicsellaneousMiscreant

MicsellaneousMiscreant

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

I SOLVED YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM RIGHT HERE BUDDY.

Edited by Brendon, 12 February 2017 - 04:22 PM.
foul language in video

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

I SOLVED YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM RIGHT HERE BUDDY.

You are over two years late with your solution :)

Edited by Brendon, 12 February 2017 - 04:22 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users