jjtd

Videowave Crashes Importing Mov File

Question

VideoWave is crashing when I try importing a MOV file. This is the first time I have ever tried importing this type of file as I had someone else shoot this video. VideoWave/Creator NXT 2 is up to date. My video drivers are up to date, QuickTime up to date. What else can I try/check? Thank You

7 answers to this question

Thanks for all that information. Where did you get the mov file? How long is it? Can you tell us anything about that mov file that might giver us a clue to what is happening?

I have dozens of clips they are from two different DSLR cameras and the cameras split up the footage into multiple .mov files. I have been resorting to trying to get just one of the ~1MB clips into VideoWave. In comparison, VideoWave has no problem accepting a 22+GB .m2ts file from my Sony HD camcorder. I'd have to try and get the types of cameras used from the guy we hired to take the video, but I can tell you that I may to wait for a while to get that info as I am insisting he clean up his crappy video as it is very poor color, very washed out color and not the professional video we were expecting from a "professional photographer." In fact it, my HD camcorder has better quality shot by me, an amateur. -but that's getting off topic and getting me upset again.

Could you perhaps upload a short problem clip to a free website from which we can download it and do some tests on it?

I have a Canon DSLR and have no problem adding a mov file from the camera into Videowave. Unfortunately it seems that video movies from DSLR cameras or not all equal and often give all sorts of problems in video programs.

Might just want to try converting one of files with a 3rd party converter first and see if that works ;)

This is one many of us use:

Any Video Converter -

Might just want to try converting one of files with a 3rd party converter first and see if that works ;)

Any Video Converter -

Thank you Jim, that did the trick. Now I have a color quality problem bigger than what VideoWave can fix. Any recommendations on a free program that could help me out? NOTE: The color quality issue was NOT caused by the conversion as it's the same on the original files. The guy we hired apparently just shot the video without any consideration of stage lighting and obviously made no adjustments to the cameras. (I don't call that very professional and I wonder how he is in business) i.e. faces in the video are pretty washed out - white - so with my limited experience/knowledge the white balance and or exposure settings were wrong on his cameras.

Any Video Converter -

Hey Jim one more question. What in your experience would be the best fie type to convert the MOV files too to keep the best quality and still work with VideoWave? Goal is to burn the highest quality DVD possible in the end of the process. Thank You