• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scootter

Scootter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:14 AM

Been trying to install CreatorNXT Pro and get a failed install on windows7 I gave tried To change the compatibility to vista -sevice pack 1. But I get the same results .
Any ideas???
Thx Scootter

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:59 AM

Don't push the topic solved button with only your initial post it makes it disappear.

Then I have to type all these words and make it reappear.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:01 AM

I gave tried To change the compatibility to vista -sevice pack 1.

Do not do that!

Make sure nothing is checked (compatibility).

Been trying to install CreatorNXT Pro and get a failed install on windows7

Tell us the error?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

It is in the title of this thread.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

It is in the title of this thread.

"Setup Has Determined That Your Configuration"

Half a error code is listed in the title of this thread.

If you know the full error code text tell the OP how to fix it instead of exchanging banter with me.

cd

Spoiler

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

Just trying to be helpful. I would never think about exchanging banter with you. :)

If you enter that part of the error in the Kb, you can get this

http://howto.corel.c...cluded_products

Knowledge base only talks about Creator 2010 so I don;t have a good answer for NXT Pro.but sometimes the earlier issues are applicable to the newer issues. At thi spoint ther eis no harm in trying.

• REDWAGON likes this

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Please read the post then instead of exchanging banter with me.

Been covered, post 1 & 3.

cd

Spoiler

#8 Malacandra

Malacandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

I am getting the same thing. The log files say it is choking on the DirectX 9 install. :(

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

I am getting the same thing. The log files say it is choking on the DirectX 9 install. :(

Scooter never came back!

Read and comply with what was written...

#10 Malacandra

Malacandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

I've checked the Intel HD 4600 specs and it says it is DirectX compatible. So I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

#11 Malacandra

Malacandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

If that is the case the specs on the box are I bought are incorrect. "1024x768 DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with at least 16-bit color seting, sound card, DVD-ROM drive."

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

send your log files HERE

#13 Malacandra

Malacandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Jim,

Thanks, but I got an answer finally from support directly that fixed it. Turns out need to run the directX install direct from the Microsoft site at:

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

run with full admin and wide open to the world (no anti-virus, etc.) and then that part installed. After a reboot then the install disk worked fine for the remainder of the product as is under admin but with AV still enabled.

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

Interesting...

Thanks for the update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users