Mike Cas

Video Capture Usb - Only Audio Working

Question

Hi, I recently purchased the Roxio Video Capture USB for use with a trial of Roxio Creator 9. The USB device originally came with a copy of Easy DVD to VHS, however, I cannot use that software on my laptop since it does not have a CD drive.

I installed the driver for the device right from Roxio's website, and plugged it into my laptop. I then connected the component cables to the 'out" jacks on my VCR. However, when I go to the "video capture" portion of Roxio Creator 9, Only the audio is recognized. ​The only video device option I have available is my webcam.

The videos play fine when I plug the same cables into my TV. It's strange to me that the device itself is recognized; I see it as an option if I were to record audio only. However just the video portion of the feed is not recognized. Any thoughts?

4 answers to this question

What are you calling Roxio Creator 9?

The current Roxio Video Capture USB Device was not designed to work with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9, the only version called 9, and the only version that had a 30 day trial. A third party Video Capture USB Device was used with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9.

I recently purchased the Roxio Video Capture USB for use with a trial of Roxio Creator 9. The USB device originally came with a copy of Easy DVD to VHS,

How could you of "I recently purchased the Roxio Video Capture USB" but you say "The USB device originally came with a copy of Easy DVD to VHS,"

What one is it?

You bought it recently?

Or it came with EV2D?

Edited by cdanteek

I think it would have to be this one, CD, since it's the only one fits the description.

post-208-0-22731900-1419805496_thumb.jpg

It's a sub-version of EMC 9 Suite.

Mike, can you confirm this is what you have?

If so, it's the one Cdanteek is talking about, I'm afraid. :(

Brendon

Hi, I recently purchased the Roxio Video Capture USB for use with a trial of Roxio Creator 9. The USB device originally came with a copy of Easy DVD to VHS, however, I cannot use that software on my laptop since it does not have a CD drive.

I installed the driver for the device right from Roxio's website, and plugged it into my laptop. I then connected the component cables to the 'out" jacks on my VCR. However, when I go to the "video capture" portion of Roxio Creator 9, Only the audio is recognized. ​The only video device option I have available is my webcam.

The videos play fine when I plug the same cables into my TV. It's strange to me that the device itself is recognized; I see it as an option if I were to record audio only. However just the video portion of the feed is not recognized. Any thoughts?

Why not copy the VHS2DVD install disc to a USB stick (use another or a friend's computer) and then install from the USB? That way you would be using the software with the device it was meant for.

Why are you using component cables when the device accepts composite cables?

I copied over the setup.exe from the cd and transferred it via USB to my laptop. After installing the software for Easy VHS to DVD, the USB Capture device is now working properly.

Thanks for the help!