• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 mr oth

mr oth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

had nxt pro 2 installed on windows 7 , high end alienware dell laptop. My DVD would NOT save to the DVD , Windows works fine applications save to the DVD. Roxio NXT 2 would NOT save to DVD. Won't recognize DVD -r or DVD +r while EVERYTHING else on the laptop works and saves fine to those DVD's. . So stupid me, I thought I need to upgrade to NXT pro 3 for $80. Still DVD does not work, no tech support, nothing , but this post. So Anyone out there , realize that ROXIO MYDVD does not BURN to DVD, and you cannot get tech support .

Hours of frustration thinking I am doing something wrong, but really its the SOFTWARE that cannot burn to DVD, which ironically is what this software is to do. You can create an ISO image, then burn a DVD using the Roxio DVD software to create the DVD, MyDVD creator won't burn it .

So good luck getting any answers from Roxio.

Last time I ever buy one of there products, EVER
  • The Chief likes this

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,081 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Mr Oth,

I am not criticizing or berating you.

Windows is obviously recognizing and writing to discs, so your burner drive is okay.

Can you tell me please, is MyDVD failing to recognize your drive [the drive letter fails to show or the software says No Recorder], or does it recognize the drive but fail to realize that a blank disc has been inserted?

Thank you,
Brendon
  • cdanteek likes this

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 mdlpoker

mdlpoker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Folks, I have to say that the people in this forum just saved Roxio a return. It looked like I was getting a good install, but I could not get NXT3 to burn to a DVD (Samsung NPQX 411, Windows 7 Pro, 8 gig ram, and terabyte HD). Heck, it was not even recognizing the drive! But after following the instructions to turn off anti-virus and turn off all startups in MSCONFIG that I found in this forum, I am getting god fast burns. I don't know how the rest will work, but this is what I primarily need the program for...

Thanks to all who moderate and contribute!

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

Good!

You have turned them back on by now???

#5 mdlpoker

mdlpoker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

Yes I did :)

#6 Sir Alverez

Sir Alverez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

Folks, I have to say that the people in this forum just saved Roxio a return. It looked like I was getting a good install, but I could not get NXT3 to burn to a DVD (Samsung NPQX 411, Windows 7 Pro, 8 gig ram, and terabyte HD). Heck, it was not even recognizing the drive! But after following the instructions to turn off anti-virus and turn off all startups in MSCONFIG that I found in this forum, I am getting god fast burns. I don't know how the rest will work, but this is what I primarily need the program for...

Thanks to all who moderate and contribute!

Would you mind re-posting those instructions?  I am having problems with rendering a slideshow and burning on MyDVD.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

Time for a lockup, Sir Alverez is Necro posting into a couple of old Topics with no info, we'll let the other one work with it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users