• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jkrox

jkrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

I just upgraded from Creator 2011 to Creator NXT3 in hopes of being able to open several RCL files created by Creator 2011. They STILL won't open and the are really important pictures. I get an error message "This trial version has expired." Well, I was not using a trial version and I have just upgraded and I still get the same error message. Please help me!!!

Edited by jkrox, 28 December 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,086 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hello,

.RCL files are project files saved by Creator Classic.

Creator Classic, a wonderful program, was discontinued after Creator 2012 for reasons we users haven't been able to discover.
There is no Creator Classic in any of the Creator NXT iterations, therefore there is no program in the NXT suites which can open your .RCL files.

Regards,
Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 jkrox

jkrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hi Brendon, Thanks or your reply Can I purchase a Creator Classic 2012 and get the files open?

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hi Brendon, Thanks or your reply Can I purchase a Creator Classic 2012 and get the files open?

Why?

Don't you still have Creator 2011?

Use it if you do have it!

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#5 jkrox

jkrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

When I installed the newest version, it uninstalled all previous versions which for me was 2011. However, I was NOT able to open these files with 2011 either. I received the same error message. My version was working because I had just burned several disks with no problems, but then, after Christmas, the 2011 version was not working. Its like it became deactivated or something and the drag and drop icon was gone as well.
  • REDWAGON likes this

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

You do not have a retail installation disc for C2011?

If it was a download do you have it stored somewhere on your PC?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,086 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

JKROX,

Sorry for my absence. I've been offline working with Creator 2011 and Creator 2012 so I can check any changes to the structure of their .RCL files. Roxio is not noted for version compatibility of its various save files.

I'm back now, and there are several points we need to cover:
[1] Creator Classic in C2012 will open and use .RCL files from C2011. [This is unusual, but there were no changes in the Creator Classic data disc save routines between C2011 and C2012.] However a copy of Creator 2012 won't solve your problem here.

[2] You mention 'trial version' and the 'drag and drop icon'. Creator 2011 never had these. They come from Easy Media Creator 9.[EMC 9]

[3] You say that NXT3 uninstalled your C2011, but you still get the 'trial version' error message so it seems that at least part of EMC 9 must still be in there.

[4] You refer to 'really important pictures' which you want to get open.

Cause of the problem?
It seems to me that either something/someone installed EMC 9 on your system around Christmas time and it tangled with your C2011 and broke everything
OR
EMC 9 was installed earlier and had somehow been co-existing with C2011 until around Christmas, when it finally got tangled and broke everything. An indication of how long EMC 9 has been there is When did you first see the drag and drop icon?

Solution?
To get a Creator working properly you will have to clean out all three versions of the Creator stuff, reboot, and then install one version. [you choose]. To do that, you'll need an installer disc or download for the version you've chosen. Do you have that disc/download?

Important side issue
You're worried about these important pictures. You need to know that a saved .RCL project file doesn't contain the pictures or whatever you wanted to put on a data disc. It's only a list of actions that Creator Classic should do, and it lists the names and locations of those pictures or other data. For a saved project to work, the data must still be at their original location(s).

What this means for you is that you should still be able to go and find your pictures in their original locations, and open them without needing Roxio Creator - as long as you didn't delete them after saving the .RCL file. [If you did delete them, they are gone from your hard drive, I'm afraid.]

Regards,
Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users