• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew S.

Andrew S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

I'm having a severe problem with EasyMediaCreator 9 (specifically, with MyDVD 9).

I'm trying to contact technical support.

When I click the website's "Click to email Customer Service" link, it takes me to a screen showing my product support tickets--but there's no link I can see that lets me create a new support ticket. Instead, it says,

To submit a web-ticket we encourage you to first use Roxann (Roxio Answer System)
If Roxann cannot find the answer for your issue, you can select the option for 'unsolved' to submit a web-ticket to a live agent

Ask RoxAnn wasn't able to help, and it doesn't have an "unsolved" link. When I kept clicking the "None of the items in the list is your problem" option, it eventually said it couldn't help me, and showed me an "Email Roxio Support" link--but when I clicked that link, it took me to the same screen as before.

That is, Ask RoxAnn sent me to a support screen which told me that I couldn't file a support ticket unless I first tried Ask RoxAnn--which I'd just done!

That's pretty dang frustrating. The support ticket page tells me to use AskRoxann first, the AskRoxann page doesn't give me a way to file a support ticket. I just can't get tech support.

I'm pretty close to writing a really scathing Amazon review. But maybe someone here can help me. How do I file a support request?

#2 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:06 PM

Have you tried this EMC 9 support page?

Edited by Larry, 09 October 2006 - 11:07 PM.

Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#3 nissenr

nissenr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Andrew,
I too am having the same problem with these so called "tickets". I don't know if they are actually being submitted or attended to.

My problem is with the CINEPLAYER DVD Decoder Pack which I bought and downloaded and is supposed to be made for Windows Media Player. It doesn't work and when I run The Microsoft Decoder checkup utility it says it is not compatable!!!

I can't even find an appropriate forum to ask.

Be interested if and how you get through.
Rod.

#4 Andrew S.

Andrew S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

View PostLarry, on Oct 10 2006, 12:06 AM, said:

Have you tried this EMC 9 support page?

That page's "email support" link has exactly the problem I talk about--it takes me to a support-ticket management page, but that page doesn't let me create a ticket. Instead, it tells me I need to run Ask RoxAnn, and create a ticket there--but Ask RoxAnn doesn't let me create a ticket.

Gotta admit, it's a great way to cut the burden on tech support...

#5 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

nissenr - CinePlayer support is on the Sonic website. Check here

Edited by jonatsonic, 03 November 2010 - 12:43 PM.

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#6 Andrew S.

Andrew S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

View Postggrussell, on Oct 10 2006, 09:23 PM, said:

Interesting... when I click on that link...

If you have tried these options and need to talk to an agent for product information, purchasing the software, or technical support call: 888-619-2958.  Is there something wrong with your phone? The number is toll free.

The phone-support hours aren't convenient for me (I work during the days, and my problem is on my home computer). That's why I was hoping to file a tech-support ticket by email. The website says that should be possible, they just refuse to allow me to do it.

#7 gaper1

gaper1

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

once you log in http://selfserve.roxio.com/ and go through RoxAnn again, you will be able to submit a webticket

#8 CMiller

CMiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (ggrussell @ Oct 10 2006, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting... when I click on that link...

If you have tried these options and need to talk to an agent for product information, purchasing the software, or technical support call: 888-619-2958.  Is there something wrong with your phone? The number is toll free.

nissenr - CinePlayer support is on the Sonic website. Check here

Everyone should be aware, though, that "toll free" doesn't necessarily mean the support is free...http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx has a "toll free" number that, when used, costs $1.89 per minute.  Just FYI.

#9 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,549 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (CMiller @ Sep 30 2007, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone should be aware, though, that "toll free" doesn't necessarily mean the support is free...http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx has a "toll free" number that, when used, costs $1.89 per minute.  Just FYI.

It may have been, a year ago, when this thread was ended.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,602 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Sep 30 2007, 05:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may have been, a year ago, when this thread was ended.

It's still the same today, Bruce. smile.gif

Premium Telephone Support

Roxio provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US).

We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover. Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent. No charges will be made until you reach a technician. Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue.   angry.gif
To initiate a premium technical support call, toll-free, (866) 279-7694.

Hours of operation:

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

Phone Inside Sales

Got a question about our software before you buy it? Want to buy from us by phone? Our sales staff will be happy to help.

Call (866) 280-7694, Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#11 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,549 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Sep 30 2007, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's still the same today, Bruce. smile.gif

Premium Telephone Support

Roxio provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US).

We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover. Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent. No charges will be made until you reach a technician. Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue.   angry.gif
To initiate a premium technical support call, toll-free, (866) 279-7694.

Hours of operation:

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

Phone Inside Sales

Got a question about our software before you buy it? Want to buy from us by phone? Our sales staff will be happy to help.

Call (866) 280-7694, Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

cd

That's why I used the word "may".  I never used it, so I don't know.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#12 skyfool2

skyfool2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:21 AM

angry.gif this site is so frustrating, requested 2 support emails no response,  finally figured out how to submit a "webticket" no response yet of course, on that page under more options it says you can chat live with tech support but doesnt provide a link or explain how to do it omg i need another beer ! but it goes into great detail about how to use the 1.89 a min support feature hmmm, so here i sit with software i cant unlock to use that i paid for already, i'm almost afraid to unlock it and see what nightmarish conflicts will arise, does anyone know or have they used the live chat support option ?

#13 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:26 AM

What do you mean you can't 'unlock' the software? You should have two self-extracting archives that will run, extract and start installation and they're not 'locked' in any way. Presuming that you have the ESD version. The boxed version you just run from the optical drive

You will be prompted at one stage for your key but that's all
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#14 gaper1

gaper1

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (skyfool2 @ Oct 2 2007, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
angry.gif this site is so frustrating, requested 2 support emails no response,  finally figured out how to submit a "webticket" no response yet of course, on that page under more options it says you can chat live with tech support but doesnt provide a link or explain how to do it omg i need another beer ! but it goes into great detail about how to use the 1.89 a min support feature hmmm, so here i sit with software i cant unlock to use that i paid for already, i'm almost afraid to unlock it and see what nightmarish conflicts will arise, does anyone know or have they used the live chat support option ?

when you login to submit the ticket, you will see "View additional contact options" and you should find chat support there when it's available.

#15 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,549 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 2 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean you can't 'unlock' the software? You should have two self-extracting archives that will run, extract and start installation and they're not 'locked' in any way. Presuming that you have the ESD version. The boxed version you just run from the optical drive

You will be prompted at one stage for your key but that's all

I think that he is talking about some Sonic Cineplayer pack that he can't unlock.  He mentions it in his other post, in a different thread.

I don't know why he needs the pack.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users