Andrew S.

How do I contact technical support?

Question

I'm having a severe problem with EasyMediaCreator 9 (specifically, with MyDVD 9).

I'm trying to contact technical support.

When I click the website's "Click to email Customer Service" link, it takes me to a screen showing my product support tickets--but there's no link I can see that lets me create a new support ticket. Instead, it says,

To submit a web-ticket we encourage you to first use Roxann (Roxio Answer System)

If Roxann cannot find the answer for your issue, you can select the option for 'unsolved' to submit a web-ticket to a live agent

Ask RoxAnn wasn't able to help, and it doesn't have an "unsolved" link. When I kept clicking the "None of the items in the list is your problem" option, it eventually said it couldn't help me, and showed me an "Email Roxio Support" link--but when I clicked that link, it took me to the same screen as before.

That is, Ask RoxAnn sent me to a support screen which told me that I couldn't file a support ticket unless I first tried Ask RoxAnn--which I'd just done!

That's pretty dang frustrating. The support ticket page tells me to use AskRoxann first, the AskRoxann page doesn't give me a way to file a support ticket. I just can't get tech support.

I'm pretty close to writing a really scathing Amazon review. But maybe someone here can help me. How do I file a support request?

14 answers to this question

Andrew,

I too am having the same problem with these so called "tickets". I don't know if they are actually being submitted or attended to.

My problem is with the CINEPLAYER DVD Decoder Pack which I bought and downloaded and is supposed to be made for Windows Media Player. It doesn't work and when I run The Microsoft Decoder checkup utility it says it is not compatable!!!

I can't even find an appropriate forum to ask.

Be interested if and how you get through.

Rod.

Have you tried this EMC 9 support page?

That page's "email support" link has exactly the problem I talk about--it takes me to a support-ticket management page, but that page doesn't let me create a ticket. Instead, it tells me I need to run Ask RoxAnn, and create a ticket there--but Ask RoxAnn doesn't let me create a ticket.

Gotta admit, it's a great way to cut the burden on tech support...

Interesting... when I click on that link...

If you have tried these options and need to talk to an agent for product information, purchasing the software, or technical support call: 888-619-2958. Is there something wrong with your phone? The number is toll free.

The phone-support hours aren't convenient for me (I work during the days, and my problem is on my home computer). That's why I was hoping to file a tech-support ticket by email. The website says that should be possible, they just refuse to allow me to do it.

Interesting... when I click on that link...

If you have tried these options and need to talk to an agent for product information, purchasing the software, or technical support call: 888-619-2958. Is there something wrong with your phone? The number is toll free.

nissenr - CinePlayer support is on the Sonic website. Check here

Everyone should be aware, though, that "toll free" doesn't necessarily mean the support is free...http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx has a "toll free" number that, when used, costs $1.89 per minute. Just FYI.

Everyone should be aware, though, that "toll free" doesn't necessarily mean the support is free...http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx has a "toll free" number that, when used, costs $1.89 per minute. Just FYI.

It may have been, a year ago, when this thread was ended.

It may have been, a year ago, when this thread was ended.

It's still the same today, Bruce. :)

Premium Telephone Support

Roxio provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US).

We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover. Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent. No charges will be made until you reach a technician. Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue. :angry2:

To initiate a premium technical support call, toll-free, (866) 279-7694.

Hours of operation:

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

Phone Inside Sales

Got a question about our software before you buy it? Want to buy from us by phone? Our sales staff will be happy to help.

Call (866) 280-7694, Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

cd

It's still the same today, Bruce. :)

Premium Telephone Support

Roxio provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US).

We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover. Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent. No charges will be made until you reach a technician. Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue. :angry2:

To initiate a premium technical support call, toll-free, (866) 279-7694.

Hours of operation:

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

Phone Inside Sales

Got a question about our software before you buy it? Want to buy from us by phone? Our sales staff will be happy to help.

Call (866) 280-7694, Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

cd

That's why I used the word "may". I never used it, so I don't know.

:angry2: this site is so frustrating, requested 2 support emails no response, finally figured out how to submit a "webticket" no response yet of course, on that page under more options it says you can chat live with tech support but doesnt provide a link or explain how to do it omg i need another beer ! but it goes into great detail about how to use the 1.89 a min support feature hmmm, so here i sit with software i cant unlock to use that i paid for already, i'm almost afraid to unlock it and see what nightmarish conflicts will arise, does anyone know or have they used the live chat support option ?

What do you mean you can't 'unlock' the software? You should have two self-extracting archives that will run, extract and start installation and they're not 'locked' in any way. Presuming that you have the ESD version. The boxed version you just run from the optical drive

You will be prompted at one stage for your key but that's all

:angry2: this site is so frustrating, requested 2 support emails no response, finally figured out how to submit a "webticket" no response yet of course, on that page under more options it says you can chat live with tech support but doesnt provide a link or explain how to do it omg i need another beer ! but it goes into great detail about how to use the 1.89 a min support feature hmmm, so here i sit with software i cant unlock to use that i paid for already, i'm almost afraid to unlock it and see what nightmarish conflicts will arise, does anyone know or have they used the live chat support option ?

when you login to submit the ticket, you will see "View additional contact options" and you should find chat support there when it's available.

What do you mean you can't 'unlock' the software? You should have two self-extracting archives that will run, extract and start installation and they're not 'locked' in any way. Presuming that you have the ESD version. The boxed version you just run from the optical drive

You will be prompted at one stage for your key but that's all

I think that he is talking about some Sonic Cineplayer pack that he can't unlock. He mentions it in his other post, in a different thread.

I don't know why he needs the pack.