RXOUSER

Record Your Screen Error

Question

12 answers to this question

No idea, your the only one who has had this issue :huh:

Let's try a proper repair...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I am also receiving this error message when I am trying to Record the Screen. I do not have any anti virus/Firewall programs running at all---even when installing the Program. Where is the Repair screen offered?

Are you trying to use the Copy and Convert function to capture an on line video or are you trying to use the "new" live screen capture application? Laptop? Desktop with monitor? or other setup?

• Like 1

I am having issues with error message Prepare Record Failed #0 and when I also turned on my mic in settings along with system I get error message #48. When I turned the mic off it went back to error message #0. Cant get my screen capture to working although it was working fine. I notice that when I try to select a folder through the browse for folder tab I get a blank box. I have not figured out what Prepared Record Failure #0 is on my Creator NXT Pro 3. Any ideas?

I am getting exactly the same problems as Jim, in post #6

Same error messages, and a blank screen when trying to browse for a download folder location.

I contacted Roxio who instructed me to fully un-install NXT Pro 3, and all related software, and carry out several file and folder renames/deletions before re-installing. I wasted several hours of my valuable time doing this, and it was still exactly the same after all that wasted time spent.

NOT AMUSED!!!

Cannot do as suggested in post #2 as I don't have a disc, as I downloaded an upgrade to a previous version.

When I try a repair via uninstall or repair a program in control panel, it fails because it can't find a temp file that was created during install.

I am pushing for a refund on this software, because I bought it entirely for the "Record screen" Program, and if that doesn't work, it is no use to me, and I'll revert back to NXT Pro 2, which did everything else NXT Pro 3 does, with the obvious exception of Record Screen.

If that doesn't work, I shouldn't have to pay for it!

I also suggested that as an alternative, I would accept a copy of NXT Pro 4, instead of a refund, to see if that worked.

I think everyone with this problem should do likewise.

Cannot do as suggested in post #2 as I don't have a disc, as I downloaded an upgrade to a previous version.

When I try a repair via uninstall or repair a program in control panel, it fails because it can't find a temp file that was created during install.

Since you bought a download, you will still have the installer files you downloaded, won't you.

Extract the main program file contents into a temporary directory on your hard drive, and run Setup.exe from that temp directory, selecting to Repair when asked.

I am pushing for a refund on this software, because I bought it entirely for the "Record screen" Program, and if that doesn't work, it is no use to me, and I'll revert back to NXT Pro 2, which did everything else NXT Pro 3 does, with the obvious exception of Record Screen.

If that doesn't work, I shouldn't have to pay for it!

Ask your vendor for the refund.

If you bought it directly from Roxio you may be many months outside the time limit since they stopped selling NXT 3 last year, however Good Luck.

I also suggested that as an alternative, I would accept a copy of NXT Pro 4, instead of a refund, to see if that worked.

I think everyone with this problem should do likewise.

ROFL! However good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

Please read the pinned post about this error that I just added here yesterday. That should fix you up -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Please not the pinned post about this error that I just added here yesterday. That should fix you up -_-

The pinned post worked Jim - thanks however now I just had another security update to my #7 Professional and I get the same error message but when I when back to your post the link was not there any longer so I don't recall those three items I had to remove. Can you help? How do I get the pinned post?

Thank you - I'm just a novice on this message board and do appreciate your help myguggi - thanks again and also to all those users on this BB.