eazydr

No Thumbnails In Slideshow Creator

Question

I'm running Roxio Creator NXT 2, ver. 15.0.5.2, & media Manager ver. 14.0.0.4. When I add pictures (any picture file format) to a Slideshow an hourglass icon is displayed instead of the image's thumbnail. It should be noted that when I browse to the picture folders to make my photo selection, the proper thumbnails are displayed. And also, in the NXT2 video editor the thumbnails display ok. My operating system is Windows 7 and I do not have any other problem displaying image thumbnails in the windows explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I tried Roxio PhotoSuite editor but it also was not able to deal with these particular png files. I was able to convert them using paint shop pro. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue.

I'm running Roxio Creator NXT 2, ver. 15.0.5.2, & media Manager ver. 14.0.0.4. When I add pictures (any picture file format) to a Slideshow an hourglass icon is displayed instead of the image's thumbnail. It should be noted that when I browse to the picture folders to make my photo selection, the proper thumbnails are displayed. And also, in the NXT2 video editor the thumbnails display ok. My operating system is Windows 7 and I do not have any other problem displaying image thumbnails in the windows explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are those images on you computer or on a network (the hourglass usually means your computer is having trouble finding and loading them)?

Are they on an internal drive or on a USB connected drive?

When you say "any" format, give some examples.

Where is you get the images?

Have you just tried to use - Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) to create your slide show?

None of my pictures are stored on a network, they are all stored on my PC's internal hard drive. The file types are: jpg & png. The pictures I am attempting to add to the slideshow creator are .jpg files created with my cannon camera, and some of them are png files copied from a facebook link on a website. I'm glad you asked that question. It turns out that my problem only occurs when I attempt to add the .png pictures copied from the facebook link. As far as I'm concerned my problem is resolved, but I would be interested in your comment. By the way, I tried Edit Video-Advanced (Video Wave) and got the same result.

None of my pictures are stored on a network, they are all stored on my PC's internal hard drive. The file types are: jpg & png. The pictures I am attempting to add to the slideshow creator are .jpg files created with my cannon camera, and some of them are png files copied from a facebook link on a website. I'm glad you asked that question. It turns out that my problem only occurs when I attempt to add the .png pictures copied from the facebook link. As far as I'm concerned my problem is resolved, but I would be interested in your comment. By the way, I tried Edit Video-Advanced (Video Wave) and got the same result.

I would have guessed that the png files downloaded would be a problem since those kind of files often have metadata which is incompatible with many programs. You might be able to load them into some photo editing programs a export them as jpg files.

Did you run them through PhotoSuite?