Roxio Community

Photo

No Thumbnails In Slideshow Creator

Slideshow problem Thumbnails missing

Best Answer eazydr , 02 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

I tried Roxio PhotoSuite editor but it also was not able to deal with these particular png files. I was able to convert them using paint shop pro. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eazydr

eazydr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

I'm running Roxio Creator NXT 2, ver. 15.0.5.2, & media Manager ver. 14.0.0.4. When I add pictures (any picture file format) to a Slideshow an hourglass icon is displayed instead of the image's thumbnail. It should be noted that when I browse to the picture folders to make my photo selection, the proper thumbnails are displayed. And also, in the NXT2 video editor the thumbnails display ok. My operating system is Windows 7 and I do not have any other problem displaying image thumbnails in the windows explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

I'm running Roxio Creator NXT 2, ver. 15.0.5.2, & media Manager ver. 14.0.0.4. When I add pictures (any picture file format) to a Slideshow an hourglass icon is displayed instead of the image's thumbnail. It should be noted that when I browse to the picture folders to make my photo selection, the proper thumbnails are displayed. And also, in the NXT2 video editor the thumbnails display ok. My operating system is Windows 7 and I do not have any other problem displaying image thumbnails in the windows explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are those images on you computer or on a network (the hourglass usually means your computer is having trouble finding and loading them)?
Are they on an internal drive or on a USB connected drive?
When you say "any" format, give some examples.
Where is you get the images?
Have you just tried to use - Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) to create your slide show?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 eazydr

eazydr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

None of my pictures are stored on a network, they are all stored on my PC's internal hard drive. The file types are: jpg & png. The pictures I am attempting to add to the slideshow creator are .jpg files created with my cannon camera, and some of them are png files copied from a facebook link on a website. I'm glad you asked that question. It turns out that my problem only occurs when I attempt to add the .png pictures copied from the facebook link. As far as I'm concerned my problem is resolved, but I would be interested in your comment. By the way, I tried Edit Video-Advanced (Video Wave) and got the same result.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

None of my pictures are stored on a network, they are all stored on my PC's internal hard drive. The file types are: jpg & png. The pictures I am attempting to add to the slideshow creator are .jpg files created with my cannon camera, and some of them are png files copied from a facebook link on a website. I'm glad you asked that question. It turns out that my problem only occurs when I attempt to add the .png pictures copied from the facebook link. As far as I'm concerned my problem is resolved, but I would be interested in your comment. By the way, I tried Edit Video-Advanced (Video Wave) and got the same result.

I would have guessed that the png files downloaded would be a problem since those kind of files often have metadata which is incompatible with many programs. You might be able to load them into some photo editing programs a export them as jpg files.

Did you run them through PhotoSuite?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 eazydr

eazydr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:02 PM   Best Answer

I tried Roxio PhotoSuite editor but it also was not able to deal with these particular png files. I was able to convert them using paint shop pro. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users