Question

I have premium membership for years. Last several days if I try to log in I am getting an error message and says Roxio is having difficulties. I even tried to change my password but it will not accept - please advise????

25 answers to this question

I have premium membership for years. Last several days if I try to log in I am getting an error message and says Roxio is having difficulties. I even tried to change my password but it will not accept - please advise????

I just tried and was able to log in with no problems. Check you browser/antivirus/web blocker to see if one of them changed so that the site is not available to you.

By the way, please read the pinned posts about the program and PhotoShows on the site being broken and will not be fixed.

I know it sucks. but there is nothing that can be done except demand your money back.

Edited by sknis

I am having the same problem and I have over 300 shows on my site. Any progress let me know.

Thanks

Are you trying top log into the web site from the desktop version Of PhotoShow 6? Are you getting a 216 error?

Try logging in via the web site and if you are successful, download all of your PhotoShows to you computer or they may be lost forever. Roxio/Corel knows about the problems but do not plan to do anyhtign about trying to fix this obsolete program. My advice is to download the PhotoShows and demand your money back.

I have tried to sign in from web site and desktop - yes I get the 216 error - if I try to change my password it still gives me error message - this is unbelievable that they would know about this and refuse to fix - I will try to contact customer service Monday -

I am also having the same log in problems. I've even went as far as contacting Roxio on Facebook with my problem. The first time i sent a message there I got a answer saying they would share my problem with the technicians. That has been a couple of weeks now and i still haven't heard from them on the problem. This really sucks!!

No argument here. If you have your PhotoShows downloaded to your computer, cancel you subscription and get your money back. The whole program has been busted for a long time and this is just the latest. Note3 that some other people have had log in problems with other programs. No one seems to be around to help.

same thing here, cannot log in ..error 216. what a bunch of crap. This advice "cancel you subscription and get your money back" LOL! is easier said than done with this azzclowns on the phone. It's pretty hard to download your photoshows, when you can't even sign in???? Very PISSED OFF.

Edited by pj7140

Tell them that Roxio Tech Support told you to get your money back. That is not me -

Go here to see if that works.

If not send a private message (top of this page) to Rox-Ralf.

I wish I could be more positive.

Edited by sknis

I cannot log in either. I don't care about getting my money back, but just want to be able to download my old photoshows. Any help?

I also try to try to do the video chat to get help and I can't type in return, even though the agent types to me??

I paid them $25 yesterday for tech support and they sent a phone number to call - was on hold 30 minutes this morning with no answer so I hung up. Tried again this afternoon and same thing - this is amazing

Ok after 30 minutes on hold I finally got someone at Corel who helped me. He could not log in either from his site. A case number has been created and apparently there is a technical issue with Photoshow - since nobody worked over the holidays he said the issue had not been addresed yet. He promised (we will see) that someone from Roxio will call me soon to update me on progess and if there is anything else that needs to be done. I will keep you updated once I hear something. He even copied all of the replies on this forum to this issue and sent to Roxio

Rox Ralf and all Roxio/Corel folks - I spent untold amount of time trying to get my Photoshow to work for days all to no avail because your customer serivce stinks plus you allowed the site to be down for days - even if it is the holidays there is no excuse to have this product be down for that long. I was on hold several times for well over 30 minutes just trying to get someone at Corel to pick up the phone. There is no excuse for this type of horrible service -

Larry b - it was not luck - it was a huge investment of my valuable time - this type of thing wears me out

• Like 1

To all, now that you can sign in, I still strongly recommend that you download all the PhotoShow that you can via the desktop version.. Some of them are disappearing (after the menu screen). I doubt that problem will be fixed.

My best advise is to create your PhotoShow via the desktop version and then either upload it to the PhotoShow site OR if the PhotoShow is short enough (15 minutes) to convert it to a mpg or wmv video and use something like YouTube. You can make the video unlisted so only those you want to see it can. Just send them the link.

I'm glad it is back up.

OK, I am able to log in this morning, thank goodness! I am downloading my photoshows now. How does it work now? Can I run them totally off my program on my computer and have other people be able to see them over the net?

OK, I am able to log in this morning, thank goodness! I am downloading my photoshows now. How does it work now? Can I run them totally off my program on my computer and have other people be able to see them over the net?

They can still see them on the PhotoShow web if you want them to. They stay there; they are NOT deleted.

Yes, the desktop version of PhotoShow can be used to create new PhotoShows. Uploading them to the PhotoShow web site will be much faster if you do that. Since you also have them on your computer, if anything else happens, you won't lose them. Many of us have lost PhotoShows and there seems to be no way of recovering them.

In the desktop version, you can convert the PhotoShows to video files - mpg2 or WMV (step 3) . You can then copy them to a thumb drive, burn to a disc (with a different program) or just upload them to a video sharing site like YouTube (if they are about 15 or less minutes long. You can make them unlisted so only those who know the URL can see them You send them the URL link.

Your question is a little open ended. Do you have a particular question that I missed answering?

OK, thanks very much. I don't have any private photo shows, so I don't care about other people seeing them. I'm kind of a computer dummy but at least now I know that I haven't lost what I had. I only had a couple dozen of them, but I am happy to still have them, and at least now whenever Roxio goes totally down the tube, which I expect them to, I will have them. It's only $40 a year, and my subscription is up in March, not sure whether to renew it at this point or not...

Even if you don;t renew, you can still use the desktop version for making PhotoShows; you just won;t be able to put them on the PhotoShow web.

• Like 1

Many of us have lost PhotoShows and there seems to be no way of recovering them.

I think Kim Jong-un and his cyber-army of 6000 hackers have them. :huh: