• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lordeluna

No Video Signal

Question

I installed the software before I left for vacation about 2 weeks ago and just started trying to see if it works, but all I got is no video signal each time I use it. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it to make sure I did not have the Roxio Device plugged in before it was installed and rebooted. I have made sure the cables from my VHS is from output. I have made sure in my drivers I had both Roxio devices in it. I have uninstalled the devices and repaired the software with my firewall off and rebooted my computer and repaired and plugged the device back in after it was repaired and turned on my firewall. I have tried changing the channels on my VCR which is a Panasonic PV-8661 http://service.us.pa...NPDF/PV8661.PDF. I made sure it was on VCR mode(There is a button that you can see on page 17 of the PDF that shows the TV/VCR button and I have tried both ways on and off), I made sure the VHS player works on my TV. I tried plugging it in multiple different USB ports on my computer. It does not have a S-Video connection to connect. I have added my dxdiag.txt file to the attachments. If I cannot get it resolved by the end of this week I am probably gonna give up on it and return it. I am willing to retry all the steps, but I am reaching my patience limit for this device.

post-122810-0-31857500-1420623415_thumb.png

Edited by Lordeluna

13 answers to this question

I made sure it was output the upper one on the back of the VCR and I just tried a DvD player with a yellow RCA Composite output and still no siginal. Also made sure it was output on the DvD player and to see it it works on the TV too beforehand and I decided to use the dvd player composite cables instead to see if that made any difference. Still no video.

Edited by Lordeluna

I bought it at my local frys, but it was the last one and on sale. It was brand new too. I can probably try for a refund or store credit I guess. I just realized I don't know where the reciept is. Recently had all the windows redone in the house and my room was cleaned up and I threw some stuff away.

Edited by Lordeluna

my house does not have another PC so probably gonna return it. Thank you anyway for your help. Do you by chance know of a different VHS to Digital converter that is good? Frys does not have another one of the Roxio one.

Hi,

I have the "Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus" device. I have the same issue!

When running the application, It will start with "Searching for Video Signal"...

next the application will show "No Video Signal" have clicking on the "Show Video Input " button.

I purchased this device online from Amazon, and after installing.. I cannot get a video signal.

I have verified that the signal is good comming from the VHS player, by connecting a small TV to the VHS using the same connections.

Using the TV, the VHS signal is perfect, and the sound is clear on the TV.

I am using the yellow video connection comming from the VHS.

But no video signal when connecting to my PC.

I am running Windows XP (Professional) with Service Pack 3.

1.5 Gb of RAM, with a Pentium 4 running a 2.0 ghz speed.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Edited by pc@bellsouth

me too me too! after reading through all this and having done the same exact steps as lordeluna (except the two things i tested were my vcr and sony handycam) i guess i also have a faulty device. having spent about 3 hours on google looking for info about this in various places i see many people having the same issue. the roxio video capture usb is poo poo for a lot of us sadly. thanks to jim for helping and lordeluna for starting this thread and typing everything i would have had to for me. :)

These are a lot more fun when they work! :lol:

The info you supplied was very useful, it is clear you did your homework ^_^

It is possible that the device is faulty but let's review a couple of things and try a test...

For your VCR we are dealing with Composite output from your VCR. On page 11 the view of the back of the VCR, the ones we are after are the upper block (OUT) of Yellow, White and Red. Be sure you confirm on your VCR that they say OUT by them.

If you have ANYTHING else around the house that has the Yellow RCA Composite output (DVD or BD Player) try that in place of the VCR.

The only other 'test' you can make is to try it on another PC... (software installed FIRST)

Everything on yours indicates that the device is at fault.

This one is as good as it gets, in my humble opinion -_-

The device came out in 2008 and I have been using it for all 8 of those years.

The Entries in your Device Manager "prove" that the device is seen at the USB Port you have it plugged into.

The fact that you get No Signal from both a DVD Player as well as your VCR indicates that something is just not working.

We covered a lot of details in this Topic for you to butt in and blatantly declare 'mee too'...

Might be better to actually conduct the testing Lordeluna has done. -_-

me too me too! after reading through all this and having done the same exact steps as lordeluna (except the two things i tested were my vcr and sony handycam) i guess i also have a faulty device. having spent about 3 hours on google looking for info about this in various places i see many people having the same issue. the roxio video capture usb is poo poo for a lot of us sadly. thanks to jim for helping and lordeluna for starting this thread and typing everything i would have had to for me. :)

There simply are not that many faulty devices out there....

There are far more users that don't follow instructions but claim they 'have done everything'.

Time to lock this Topic up. If you want to pursue this please start a new topic with Details -_-

• Like 1