• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ashley10

ashley10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

i just upgrade to NXT 2 and uploaded a video to edit of me playing the drums so i could add a background soundtrack to it. i did not use any mics on the drums but just used the camera mic. when roxio plays the video, it is choppy and the sound is not in sync with the video

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:09 AM

i just upgrade to NXT 2 and uploaded a video to edit of me playing the drums so i could add a background soundtrack to it. i did not use any mics on the drums but just used the camera mic. when roxio plays the video, it is choppy and the sound is not in sync with the video

Ashley, Thanks for the question.
In order to give you the best and quickest reply, please tell us about your computer via a dxdiag.exe evaluation (Link) Please follow the directions and post the txt file to this site. . There is no personal information except what you call your computer.

Tell use what camcorder or digital camera you have
How did you get the video onto your computer?

How long is the original video?

When was the last time you did any maintenance on your computer - defrag, clear out temp and tmp files, etc?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 ashley10

ashley10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

the camera is a canon rebel T5i

i got the video on the computer by uploading it through a usb cord

the video is a little over 5 minutes

i have not done maintenance lately as i do not know how and usually have a cousin do it for me

Attached Files

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

Get that cousin to help !

You need to do four things to start with.

1) To do maintenance, go here (link) and download the programs that are listed directly from the developers web site

2) To update you computer, go here (link). The drivers for your video chip are over a year old.

3) Free us some disk space on your "c" drive. It looks like you don't use your 'D" drive at all. You will have more space on C just by running CCleaner (but not the registry cleaner part of it) and then defragging it.

4) Set up your programs to save to the D drive so you don't have to fill it up as quickly. There are some programs that automatically save temporary file to C and that can't be changed.

OOPs, I almost forgot, (#5) That cannon probably records in the mov format; Roxio doesn't do well with mov files. Download a free video converter (after you have done the maintenance) to convert the mov files to mpg2. There are a lot of converters out there. I personally use the free "Any Video Converter" but that is my preference and not a recommendation. You cousin may have a different one that he (she) likes.

Edited by sknis, 11 January 2015 - 04:01 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, sound, error, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users