Squirrel22299

Roxio Game Cap Only Records For 15 Seconds

Question

So i bought a new laptop(HP Stream) and roxio game capture. everything is installed but it wont record for longer than about 15 seconds before it reads (capture device lost). ive tried re installing software and shutting off both xbox and Pc but niether works.

22 answers to this question

If you have the audio turned on on your laptop, do you hear the typical, "USB disconnected" sound when that occurs?

I'm wildly guessing that maybe there's a power issue involved? The Roxio Game Capture device of course gets power from the USB port. Are you using a long USB cable?

Also, looking at the "HP Stream" line of laptops, it looks like they would all be under-powered processor-wise to run the RGC program and capture the video. Can you give us the specifics of your laptop? Processor model, speed, memory...

Yes i do heard the sound. Ive been using the cord that came with my Roxio Game Capture. my computer has Intel Celeron CPU 2.16GHz, 2GB of ram. 64 bit operating system, and has windows 8

Yes i do heard the sound. Ive been using the cord that came with my Roxio Game Capture. my computer has Intel Celeron CPU 2.16GHz, 2GB of ram. 64 bit operating system, and has windows 8

Your Celeron computer doesn't meet the minimum specs. You need at least a Core 2 Duo processor.

Well... not much with that computer. But then, you never answered the question about your USB cable.

Here are the minimum specifications as listed for the Roxio Game Capture standard... and this are MINIMUM specifications. While your processor speed is faster than what's listed here, your Celeron Processor is below what's listed.

Minimum System Requirements:

• Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
  • DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
  • 2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.
  • Windows Media Player 11 or higher
  • Internet explorer 7 or 8
  • Internet connection required for capture, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
  • One available USB 2.0 port

How do the 15 seconds that get captured look? Does it look like there are any dropped frames? If not, we may want to keep the discussion going a bit longer.

I'm still suspecting another problem because even with your system, it shouldn't just drop the USB device. Do you happen to have a powered USB hub available? If so, can you try connecting your Game Capture device to your laptop through that and see if it makes any difference? It must be a USB 2.0 hub with it's own power supply for this to have any chance of helping.

Getting a powered USB hub would be the least expensive thing to try, maybe $15-$20.

As for upgrading, you have a laptop. Usually the only thing you can do to them is add memory, they're not very "upgradeable". You never said how much memory you have, but probably as much as is necessary to run the application. You can't simply swap one processor type (ie, your Celeron) for a "better" one (ie core Duo, i3, i5, i7). They have different connections.

Edited by d_deweywright

Never heard of a Celeron running this program...

Curious? How much HDD Free Space do you have?

Are you capturing TO the default directory or did you change it?

Heat issues - are both the lap and the RGC in the open or on a hard surface for cooling?

Yes to the P4 provided it meets all the specs!

Right click the drive in Windows Explorer and look at its' Properties.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

You really don't supply any information :wacko:

Does the capture software have the Green 'Ready' showing?

If not what does it say?

What color?

Then it is an issue with your Video Card/Chip -_-

Try a short capture to see if it works! If it does then decide if you really need that preview screen ;)