SoRee

Could Not Record The Disc Because Of A Mac Os Error-Result Code 39

Question

I'm running a new MacPro with OS X Yosemite and Toast Titanium 11. I'm trying to copy onto a DVD a show I recorded from my TiVO using Toast TiVo transfer with the Toast Video feature. The burn process starts, completes the encoding process and then a message appears from Toast: Could not record the disc because of a MAC OS Error. Result Code = -39.

I've checked the Apple site but can't find any information on code 39.

I've searched the Toast Titanium database and discovered this problem was identified, and corrected in a previous version of Toast, so I'm not sure why it's showing up in the current version. Interestingly enough I was able to burn two discs successfully and then this error just started.

I would appreciate any insight or recommendations on how I fix or eliminate this problem so I can burn the shows onto my DVD. Thanks so much!

3 answers to this question

I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When that is finished choose the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window to burn the disc. That usually works.

Recently I switched from a MacPro 1.1 running OS Lion to a Mac Mini running Yosemite. A world of a difference, but not for my Toast 11 .disc files nor disc images, since they will not open anymore. No matter how I approach these files. From the Open menu existing files are grayed out. I try to open them anyway, I get the error message that the file wont open because of an error in OSX, with code -39. Fixing permissions didn't do the trick, unfortunately. After saving a new .disc file, this one will open normally, like you'd expect.

I've worked with Toast for many years, since Easy CD Creator in my windows-periode. I never encounterd this issue after updating since Toast 6. It seems Toast 11 is not backwards compatible with it's own files created under OS Lion. Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this issue?post-124689-0-48947500-1428178326_thumb.jpg

Spliffrider, your issue seems to be limited to Toast's Audio CD setting so it is unrelated to what others may experience with TiVo transfer videos.