rachaelg33

Why Do My Dvds Only Burn As Data Discs With Roxio Creator Nxtt 2?

Question

I have created a DVD with menus & lots of videos on it,using Roxio Creator NXT 2, I go to burn it & it stops at 97%, so I click cancel & it plays fine. I have also created a DVD with menus & slide shows on it, I go to burn it & it again stops at 97%, so I click cancel, but it doesn't play this time, it just says it's a data disc :(. I create an ISO file of the project, burn it, same thing happens, data disk. Please, I need help with all of this, thanks loads in advance :)

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I have created a DVD with menus & lots of videos on it,using Roxio Creator NXT 2, I go to burn it & it stops at 97%, so I click cancel & it plays fine. I have also created a DVD with menus & slide shows on it, I go to burn it & it again stops at 97%, so I click cancel, but it doesn't play this time, it just says it's a data disc :(. I create an ISO file of the project, burn it, same thing happens, data disk. Please, I need help with all of this, thanks loads in advance :)

If a burn stops at 97% and you cancel it, the burn obviously is incomplete and the DVD will most likely not be playable.

What program are you using to burn the DVDs?

How long do you let it wait at 97%?

How long in time is your project?

What program are you using to burn the iso image file to DVD?

• Like 1

Hi, I am using Roxio NXT 2, My DVD's are +R DL 240 MIN 8.5GB, Like I said, only having the problem with this project, other projects don't burn as data DVD's with ISO files, & even though other burn projects stop at 97% when I click cancel they play fine, I wait hours & still only says 97%

• Like 1

Hi, I am using Roxio NXT 2

That is the name of the whole Suite not the name of the individual programs within the Suite!

My DVD is the DVD Author program within the Suite is that what your using?

My DVD's are +R DL 240 MIN 8.5GB,

Roxio uses a constant bit rate encoder at 9 plus mega bytes per second, you will only get one hour play time on a single layer DVD at (HQ) High Quality setting what you always want to use, and two hours play time with a dual layer DVD Disc.

other projects don't burn as data DVD's with ISO files,

Again what program within the Suite are you using?

Edited by cdanteek