• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 S from MA

S from MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

My daughter created a video, and when I try to export it, it is telling me " cannot find required files" and in the box it is showing .bmp files in appdata/local/temp folder, but there is nothing there.

I did some research and I notice it is the title and credit pages that were created within the app. How do I get these files saved somewhere so I can create the video? I am running windows 8.1.
I tried to open a support ticket, but still waiting for the code

I just upgraded to this version yesterday, my old version was always hanging

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

I am sorry but I have trouble following what you are describing.
How did your daughter create the video, ie, what program from NXT 3 did she use?
Are all the files used in the project still in the same location? That message you get seems to indicate that some of the files used have been moved or even deleted.

What box is showing ".bmp files in appdata/local/temp folder"? Why would she put files in a temp folder since they may well be erased when you close the program.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 S from MA

S from MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

She was using videowave, she moved movie clips in and added music and voice. all those files are in a file on our desktop. VideoWave allows you to add "panels, with text" she added these panels, and looks like that is where Videowave is saving them, but they are not being saved. The program seems to be using that location, and I am not sure why and how to change this. I am not even sure they are saving...

#4 S from MA

S from MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

BTW, this message box appears when opening the .dmsm file, I can cancel and the project opens, with those 'panels" in tact. But when trying to export the same popup comes up and skip/cancel only stops the export.

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

She was using videowave, she moved movie clips in and added music and voice. all those files are in a file on our desktop. VideoWave allows you to add "panels, with text" she added these panels, and looks like that is where Videowave is saving them, but they are not being saved. The program seems to be using that location, and I am not sure why and how to change this. I am not even sure they are saving...

When you add a panel and add text to those panels, they are not saved anywhere as files. What does "she moved movie clips in and added music and voice. all those files are in a file on our desktop"? Or do you mean shes moved the clips, etc into a folder on the screen desktop?

It would be nice to know what message box appears. What is the title of the message box?
Again, it seems like some of the files used in the project have been deleted or moved.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users